Chapter 10 - Pakistan?

Hussain's POV

The car stopped and I looked out of the window to find I've reached Karan's office. I sighed and opened the door and stepped out along with Aman.

We walked in and I stopped at the front desk. Priya who was jotting something on a paper looked up when I stood in front of her. She quickly passed me a smile and I returned her one.

"Hey Priya." I greeted her and she giggled before parted her lips.

"Hey Hussain." She replied and I rested my elbow on the desk as I leaned there.

"Karan's here?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Yup he's here." She replied and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good! I came to meet him. Had my appointment already." I said and she chuckled, nodding her head.

"Yes I know! He's waiting for you." She replied, eyeing me Karan's room and I looked there before a smile crept onto my lips.

"Okay. I'll go meet him." I winked and she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Bye!" I said and we walked to Karan's room. Before I knocked the door, I halted myself as I turned to look at Aman beside me.

"Aman...it's okay. You wait here. I'll go meet Karan alone." I said and he furrowed looking at me.

"You sure Sir?" He asked for certainty and I smiled while nodding my head.

"Yes Aman. I just need to discuss something with him." I said while touching his shoulder.

"And one more thing Aman." I trailed as I looked up at him and he raised his eyebrows, ready to hear anything from me.

"Yes Sir?" He quickly asked and I sighed heavily.

"Sir mat kaho...bada shareef sa lagta hai. Just call me Hussain." I said, mimicking Shah Rukh Khan in Don and he chuckled, looking down probably thinking that I was joking. I gave him my dissatisfied look and he blinked his eyes faintly.

"I've told you so many times yaar! Tu sunta hi nahi!" I sighed heavily and he just smiled.

"You're my boss Sir. How can I just call you by name?" He asked, furrowing and I rolled my eyes.

"That's why names are for!" I rolled my eyes looking at him and he chuckled.

"But Aman...you're like a friend to me! I would love it if you call me by my name." I said and he just smiled looking at me. Seriously because of Aman with me, I didn't feel so empty without Shehry, Waqas, and Atif. I didn't miss home much.

"Jaaiye Sir." He said, still in smile as he knocked the door for me. I shook my head disapprovingly as I rolled my eyes.

"Come in!" I heard Karan's voice and he was about to open the door for me when I quickly halted him.

"I can do that. You just go and relax yourself." I replied and he chuckled.

I opened the door and stepped in when Aman left me.

"Hi Karan!" I chirped cheerfully as I saw Karan was busy with his computer. He left the mouse as he titled his head and a smile was crept onto his lips upon noticing me.

"Hey hero! Have a seat!" He responded happily, pointing a chair in front of him as he removed his glasses and put it on the table. He rubbed his eyes and I took a seat.

"How are you? It's been long!" He said and I chuckled, nodding my head.

"Alhamdulillah I'm good. Yeahh. One month!" I replied and he smiled, leaning on his chair.