Chapter 46 - Surprises

Shehryaar's POV

"You okay?" I asked Atif who seemed a little uneasy as he kept running his eyes around the mosque. He looked agigated for some odd reasons.

"Hey.." I nudged his elbow and he dropped his eyes on me, inhaling deeply.

"Woh aayega na?" He choked out finally as he searched for my eyes and I froze for a moment hearing his question. I thought he was nervous about his wedding but here, he was worrying for Hussain. I sighed as I lowered my eyes and bit my lower lip, I don't know what to reply him when I was unsure myself.

"I...I don't know. I couldn't reach him nor Aman." I replied weakly as I looked up at him and he closed his eyes helplessly.

"Chill man! Let's hope for the best." Waqas patted Atif's shoulder and he opened his eyes again.

"I missed him. I thought he will never give up on us...on my wedding but he.." Atif sighed lowly as he looked down with hurt clearly evident in his voice and I felt so bad.

Hussain, you better prove him wrong. Make him believe, you are still the old Hussain. Please...please come.

"Yaar, don't get upset. I'm sure he will attend your Nikaah." I tried to convinced him and he let out a slight sigh as he dropped his shoulders down.

"You should have took me along with you that day...I'd have met him and he will sure be here with us right now. But see, we are sitting here unsure." He spoke looking at my face, disheartened I can say and I hurriedly shook my head hearing him. I wanted to speak but then another voice overtook mine.

"Woh aayega Atif...fikr na karo. Usse aana hi parega." Waqas said seriously, his face muscles were strained and his eyes conveyed an extreme anger, they were red. He was really angry with Hussain.

I gulped down looking at both of them, I had no words to even say anything as I barely talked to Hussain since I left Mumbai. He must probably be busy, I don't know, I can't anticipate him nowadays.

"Look! Maulvi Sahaab is here!"

Random people started saying and I looked up to find an elderly looking man with bristles covered his face stepping in with two men beside him and few men got up to welcome him.

"Wait! I don't want to get married just yet..." Atif suddenly spoke and I gasped aloud, he was in the middle of his sentence when I hurriedly cut his words.

"Don't you dare do anything stupid!!" I half-yelled in his face, I controlled my tone to not let anyone else hear it.

"Atif! Don't repeat the same mistake Hussain did...just look at her there. You are not going to do the same thing to her again." Waqas popped his eyes saying as he held Atif's arm, his stern voice showed his fear and Atif rolled his eyes at us.

"Main pagal nahi hoon okay? I meant to say, I'll wait for some more time...until Hussain's here, then only I'll proceed." He replied and I sighed in relied, Waqas face turned smooth as well and I smacked Atif's head who was hiding his amusement.

"But what if he didn't come?" Waqas blurted out all of sudden and Atif shot a look at him.

"Maulvi Sahaab, aap parhna shuru kar dijiye." Atif's Dad suddenly announced and the mosque turned silence at once.

"Bismillah..." Just when the Maulvi started, Atif hurriedly interjected.

"Maulvi Sahaab, can we wait for a few minutes? I'm waiting for someone." Atif said and Maulvi Sahaab blinked at him, confused and shocked at the same time.

"Atif?" His Dad voiced out with his frown eyebrows and Atif looked at him with his puppy eyes.

"Dad please...just few minutes more. Hussain is still not here." He almost pleaded and his Dad sighed heavily, gave up.