Chapter 25 - Qubool Hai?

Asad's POV

"Ameen!" I wiped my palms across my face and breathed out a sigh as I detached my palms away from my face.

I raised my eyes up from the Prayer Mat and looked ahead me. Sitting in that posture while staring at the yellowish skyline in front of my eyes just give me the most beautiful feeling ever. The view during the dawn always blows me away and never failed to mesmerize me.

I admire the view.

Looking at the beauty lying in front of my eyes always make me feel thankful for another blessed day, it always tell me that I'm alive for another beautiful day to cherish in life and with that thought, something knocked my mind.

Nikaah day...

A small smile crept onto my lips when it crossed my mind and I exhaled internally before I slowly stood up and took the mat with me. I walked to the shelf and kept it safe there when my eyes landed on the wall opposite me, on my mother's frame which was hanging perfectly since the past years.

My feet made it's way to the frame absentmindedly and I halted when I reached there. I bit my lower lip as I ran my eyes on that width photo frame, in search for a glimpse of my mother. Though the photo was dead but still I could sense my mother's presence, I could see her smile behind that stiff picture and I could feel she was alive.

"Ammi." I called out in my slightly shaken voice, felt a knot in my throat as I slowly brought my hand up and brushed it against the glass. She looked too beautiful in her Red royal Saree, heavy necklace that hugged her neck and a head chain on her forehead that was covered with a heavy dupatta.

"I'm getting married today Ammi. Aapka beta shaadi kar raha hai aaj." I started, looking up at her as I gulped down and within a second my eyes turned glassy.

I blinked it away as I lowered my head and my eyes fell on her diary on the board, under her frame. I rolled my lips inwards and reached my hand towards it before I took it with me.

"You've provided me what I ever needed as a human being through your diary. I can never forget your teaching, your courtesy and everything you have left for me. You always have an answer here for my questions...but Ammi, I can't find an answer for my confusions." I said, looking up at her angelic face again.

"I'm sure you're looking at me now...you're aware of it. I wish you were here right now with me. You would have calmed me down." I sighed, putting her diary back on the board as I ran a hand through my hair helplessly.

"Ammi...just tell me if she's happy with me or not? Show me a sign...what's in her heart?" I voiced out heavily, this one thought have always hunted me and I seriously couldn't get a single clue.

"She smiles...but her smile never reached her eyes, it never reflect her happiness." I added with a small smile when her face crossed my mind despite the hurt I felt in my heart.

"Uss ki aankhein bohat khoobsurat hai Ammi, par...uss mein dard hai. Maine dekha hai...I've seen pain in that beautiful pair of eyes Ammi. It holds an untold story and unknown hurt." I continued with frown eyebrows, still couldn't forget them eyes and the pain behind it was another story.

"Woh kia hai? I still couldn't figure it out. I've asked her...but as usual she gave me the same answer. There's like a wall in between us...created by her and she doesn't want to break it down at any cost." I vomited out everything that was running in the back of my head and to be honest, I started to feel a little light than before.

"Uss dard ko mitana chahta hoon Ammi...par kaise? Main usse duniya ki har khushi dena chahta hoon...par kaise? I want to see her real smile that can shine up to her eyes...but how?" I sighed out heavily yet again, feeling so helpless.