Chapter 50 - Truth And Regret

No! You aren't dreaming! I really updated! Haha.

Damn! I took forever to update. Haha. Anyways, happy reading! ♡

*********

Shehryaar's POV

"We have to go to Pakistan." Waqas excitedly said and I furrowed at him. That sounded so ridiculous to me.

"Jaa kar? Kya karenge hum, Waqas Sahaab??" I asked, smiling sarcastically looking at Waqas's face.

"We'll...we'll talk to Hawa." He replied and I rolled my eyes hearing it.

"Do you think it's easy?" I responded again, still in sarcastic mode.

"Don't be a loser, Shehry! Come on, we have to go for Hussain." Atif supported Waqas's stupid idea. And no, I will never agree. Never.

"This is rubbish. Do you know how terrific is Hawa's Dad? Taubah! Main phir se marr nahi khana chahta." I shook my head saying, squirming in fear and they slapped their own heads hearing me.

"Come on, Shehry! Itna bhi kya darr na? You are doing this for Hussain. For your brother!" Atif shook my shoulder saying and I looked at him, sighing.

"I know that, man! But...it's Jahangir Khan we are talking about! I have seen him and his surroundings! They are so dangerous!" I exclaimed.

"Then, what about Hussain? Do you want to see him like this for the rest of your life?" Waqas questioned disapprovingly. He sounded irritated with me.

I looked at him for a moment. Searching for his eyes, I shook my head helplessly.

"Of course not. But at the same time, I can't put your lives in danger!" I blurted and they sighed, nodding their heads.

"I know that, Shehry. But right now, Hussain is more important." Atif responded.

I felt like smacking their heads for being so dumb. How can they be so selfless? Atif just got married and Waqas has a daughter. Allah forbid, if anything happened, what would I answer their family? I will never forgive myself. Maybe, this was the reason Hussain has changed so much.

"But why Pakistan? Why Hawa? I'm sure we'll have some other ways." I tried to convince them. I seriously didn't like the idea of going Pakistan. It was same as digging our own graves.

"Nope! We don't!" Waqas answered and I furrowed at him.

"Hussain won't listen to anyone. Not even you. You know that, right? He loves her...who knows if he would listen to her? He needs to move on and I'm sure that girl is the right option." Waqas spoke as if reading my mind and I sealed myself for a while. I was confused.

"How can Hawa help us in this? It's been three years, guys! Everything must have changed. What if she doesn't live there anymore? What if she's married and moved anywhere? Even if we found her, what and how would she help Hussain? Seriously this is not a good idea!"

"It's good na if she has moved on! We will let Hussain see that and hopefully, he'll change too." Atif said.

"Don't be stupid, Atif! Yes, I agree he will change. But it has more chances he will react the negative way seeing the love of his life is happy with someone else. If he doesn't change for good, what will we do? If he becomes worse, what are we going to do? Kabhi socha?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Trust me, guys. This is not as easy as you people think." I added further and Waqas exhaled heavily. He ran his hands through his hair and leaned back on the sofa, closing his eyes.

"I'm clueless." Slipped his tongue lowly and a small smile curved on my lips as I patted his shoulder.

"It's okay. InshaAllah, everything will be fine." All what I managed to utter to calm him down.