2. Reply

Papers upon papers lay in my face

Papers upon papers lay in my face. Sometimes being the Queen of Wolves is not rewarding, epsecially with the amount of paperwork that ends up on my desk.

My best friend and Beta helps out tremendously, Czar is always here. I try to make sure that he has plenty of time to spend with his mate Zalia. Czar found Zalia on one of our trips and ever since she has been with us here. Zalia has became a trusted friend as well, that loves to help with the royal events and work.

The last sixty-two years has been lonely to say the least. We are able to find our mates when we turn sixteen. I am now seventy-eight and have not found mine. It is very unsual for a wolf to go this many years without finding our mates. So, I figure my mate may have perished.

It will be a long life alone and to watch my friends and the ones I rule over be with their mates. Eventually, I will have to think about who could be the next in line for the throne.

Us wolves alone can live to be almost eight hundred easily. That is if we are not killed in fights.

Wolves tend to have the lower years in lifespan, since it seems many wolves do not actually make it to live past three hundred. All the fighting that tends to happen, due to tempers from the wolf spirits within us causes.

Other speices tends to live out most of their average lifespans. As for the vampires, they are not a bother to anyone and keep to themselves hidden in the dark. Then the dragons, they have pieces of land throughout the world, just like us wolves have. There is a few other species out there, but none of them have ever caused a problem before.

We all keep to our own species, but from time to time throughout history we have had to come together to fix a issue. Normally from history, it was due to one species trying to gain more upper hand than the rest. It is something that has only happened twice in history and before my time, but once the issues was tended to everyone went back to their own places.

The most important thing that all supernatural species uphold, is that we keep ourselves hidden from the humans. It is a death penalty if we was to show a human anything of our world. Then we have to get a witch involved, which is something nobody wants due to having to owe them a favor in return, just to erase it from the humans memory.

"Harlow, you have some letters that just came in." Czar lays the envelopes down.

"Thank you." I sit up a little straighter.

"Zalia is having our dinner brought in with her."

"That would be very much appreciated. Today has been busy with this paperwork. It seems the packs around the land are needing a little extra help. Most of it is non-emergent, but it is best to get to it in a timely manner." I sign another sheet.

"How are you coming along with getting those papers sorted back out to the appropriate packs?" I place my pen down.

"You know me Harlow, they are all done no sooner than you put them over on my side." Czar laughs.

A knock sounds on the door, before Zalia opens it.

"All these years you still knock on the door. Zalia, my dearest, you know you're the Beta female and do not have to knock." I smile at my friend.

"I was not even thinking tonight." She laughs.

"After dinner, you both should take your leave and enjoy some alone time." I smile at them.

May we go for a run after as well? Chantria questions. 

I send my wolf a quick agreeance, as it is much needed to help relieve some of this tension. Nothing is better than shifting to let her run, since I always sleep so well after.

Standing up to grab my plate from the pushcart, I walk back to my chair. With a few bites being eaten, I put the silverware down. To move my focus over to the letters, I sift through them.

A few are the normal letters that hold the reports on each pack I rule over. I lay them to the side, from a tomorrow review.

Taking another bite of food, I look over the last letter I hold. This one is interesting, seeing as there is a stamp on it but not from any of my wolf packs.

Removing the seal on the letter, I notice the red imprint. It is from the Dragons. This is unsual to say the least, we have not been contacted by another species since my parents were in early rule.

"This is odd. It should seem the Dragons sent us a letter. Did you check through before handing them to me?" I ask Czar.

"No, I just simply gathered them like normal." He rubs his chin.

Opening the letter to read the content. I can see it is the Dragon King, himself writing to me. With the first scan over the letter, leaves me puzzled.

I grab paper and my pen, to make a reply letter to him.

"What does it say?" Czar looks over to me.

"It does not say the reasoning behind the letter. The Dragon King, himself, is asking that I reply to him informing I got this letter. There is an issue that he is having that seems to be involving the Wolves and needs my attention for the resolution."

"Why would the Dragon King waste time, if it is an issue about?" Zalia makes a good point.

"The letter states that, he is making sure that I am the one to recieve it. So, I will reply and ask what the issue may be and that I am more than willing since it involves Wolves." I answer, placing the letter within a new envelope then stamping with the Royal Wolf Seal.

"Thank you Zalia for bring dinner. I will take my leave to get this letter in the box for going out. Hope you both enjoy your night."

Zalia gives me a hug and we all leave the office. I place the letter where needed and walk outside. Going out to the woodline, I remove my pants and shirt. Allowing Chantria to come to the surface we shift into our wild side.

Chantria runs and reaches our lake. As she takes a drink, we look at our wolf with the blonde fur blowing in the mild breeze.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

So this is going to be a different book from what I've wrote before. It will have dark themes and they talk more of an older language in ways.

Hope you have enjoy the first two chapters!

How does everyone feel so far about the characters?