10. Escorting Your Queen

The gaze of our mate is not helping with my mind twirling on these rogues

The gaze of our mate is not helping with my mind twirling on these rogues. It almost feels like to much going on at once.

When I was younger, all I could do is think of all the things I would do. With how we would have something romantic done up and complete the bond, then right after the ceremony would take place and have my King by my side.

Now, it seems as though everything has been to boot. To much is at risk and there may not be anything to do with our mate bond. Something that makes me want to lock myself up and let out the pent up emotions.

Not that I am able to do that either. People count on me, so for now it has to be locked up into the back of my mind. These rogues attacking the dragons need my full attention and things with my mate will have to wait until after dinner.

That is what I keep repeating to myself and Chantria, who is torn herself over which to focus on.

After expressing my thoughts to everyone here, no one says anything but seems to be in thought too.

"All points you make could still be the key though. The rogues could be waiting until they don't catch sight of a dragon." Czar finally chimes in.

"Why would they need more land though? We have more than enough for all wolves." I add in the other part of my thinking.

"Could it be them wanting land that isn't under your rule? Any of these wilds could be banned from a pack or anything that could make them want somewhere away from your ruling." Malik speaking up again surprising me.

"I enjoy your way of thinking. If that was true though, my next thing would be. What would these rogues gain from wanting to claim this land? Due to the fact it still borders my ruling land for wolves."

Malik looks in thought.

"Could be to one up you in order to show they can have a spot." Malik clips back in.

I nod my head slowly letting this sink in.

"The way you both are thinking could make sense. Why wouldn't they be going in for the kill?" Cohen shocks me adding in.

"Maybe they was hoping that you would just up and relocate." Czar mentions before I.

"That would be to much work for King Cohen to find new land that he could try and claim as the Dragon's land. Due to their size and space needed, there is no other place within the country. So, to move an entire species over seas would be even harder and that is not to mention there isn't land there either." I am quick to add, looking to Czar then Cohen.

"Dinner will be ready within an hour." Kaida speaks up.

That seems to simmer some of the thinking down, but it is still there with no actual answers as of yet.

"I will retire to my room and refresh." I smile at everyone, Zalia joining me.

Zalia and I walk up the stairs, going immediately to the room I will be staying in.

"Did you see the way King Cohen was looking at you?" Zalia exclaims, right when I close the door.

"I didn't notice it with talking over the possibly theories we are letting swirl above us."

"I sure noticed and it is without a doubt he has spoke with Malik with how Kaida was when she met you. It should seem she has taken you as her Queen already."

"Not that nonsense. Zalia, right now I am unsure if a rejection could be happening between us. This is supposed to be impossible."

"You two have just made it possible. We definitely don't want this to go to chance either. All the things that could come of this, two species coming together. Just think about all the other mates out there that could be mated with a dragon as well."

"You are thinking way to far ahead, my friend. Currently, I know we have dinner to prepare for and then from there the next step is my speaking with Cohen on this matter being mates. It could also cause an uproar within the supernatural realm and it something that can't be taken lightly. The last thing I want is us being mates to cause even more issues at hand than the one we are presently having to battle."

"Harlow, you are my dearest friend that does not treat me different just because of titles. We have came together through Czar and I am forever grateful, but you also have to think of yourself and what you want. All these years, I have watched you put all into being an amazing Queen with everything you have. Others may not like this, but you can't let your one true given mate to be put aside causing suffering on you both."

Pulling a silk gown from the hanger, I undress and she helps to slip the gown on. I let her words ponder the entire time.

It's true that I have given myself in every way possible to my people in order to be the best ruler I can be. What would this cause though if I was to let myself have my mate? There is still to much as cost and I will not just leap into it without him being in agreeance.

The mateship, if we choose to follow through with it, would cause a small mess of things. Not to mention where would we live, how the lands would be figured out.

"Hair up or down?" Zalia drags me from the internal thoughts.

"You know I will let you have free reign on which you think I should have." I smile at her.

Zalia claps her hands and I sit in the chair for her to do as she wishes. So, within no time my hair is up in a delicate bun. Just a simple but class style.

I help Zalia find a gown for dinner then work on her hair. I gave her a nice braid up style into a bun, leaving a few lose strands of her straight hair to give it class but a relaxing look.

A knock on the door, with a quick scent check tells me it is Czar. Zalia opens the door and gives him a kiss.

A tingle of jealousy runs through me, and it is right here and now that I decide that it is a truly deep desire to be with my mate, no matter the cost. I can hope he feels the same.

"I will escort you both down to dinner." Czar holds his arm out for me as well.

"I would actually appreciate the honor of escorting your Queen down to dinner." Cohen's deep voice speaks up from just beyond the door.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Did Zalia's talk help Harlow to realize she shouldn't let this mate bond go?

Hope everyone is enjoying the book so far!