19. This Is Treatable

Following Harlow out of the cells, we make it outside and I suck in a breath of fresh air

Following Harlow out of the cells, we make it outside and I suck in a breath of fresh air. The dungeon will never smell the same after so many bodies in one space like it currently is, but it was a feeling of basking once the smell of blood was known. Ezekiel seems to crave it much like myself is after all the attacks.

"I would like to visit the injured. If you permit me too and they won't be scared of me sense I am a wolf?" Harlow speaks up some, ringing her hands together.

"I am sure they would be euphoric to have you there. You are now their Queen as well."

"Lead the way. We probably should have visited them a while back, so it does make me feel guilty. I have been focused on the issue and wanting to stop it as quickly as possible, but it is posing more complications than expected." Harlow sighs.

I guide her to the medical building where I know the worst are still being held. Even though there is just a few it still pains me they are even in there, still trying to heal from the attack they were involved with.

"We will visit the worse first, then we can travel to the others homes to visit. There is a few having to stay in the medical building."

"The ones that have received injuries resulting in not being able to fly again?"

"Yes, their attacks were so vicious the doctors suspect they won't be able to fly again. As they should be healed fully within the time frame since it happened, but currently still having to have medical care." I frown with the thought.

"They will each need more care and I will help to make sure they receive it. Your members, even being dragons I would like to consider them as my people too. Please let me know if I am ever out of line." Harlow touches my arm, her hand causes sparks to shoot through me.

"You will never step out of bounds and I can't express how ecstatic this makes me. Just as I have started to feel with the wolves." I move my arm behind her back.

"Probably not the most convinent timing to be expressing this while on the path to seeing the hurt. I couldn't hold it in and with you I want to be truthful with nothing between us."

"I feel the same, cupcake." I smirk.

A sharp sensation forms in my rib area. "Ow!" I rub it after the pinch she gave.

"That is what you get. Although a big, powerful dragon yourself gets hurt by a little ol' pinch." Harlow smirks teasing me.

"Sensitive area." I laugh.

"Not as tender as a different area." Harlow winks and focuses back on the pathway.

I pause for a second to readjust myself in my trousers. How she can wind me up so fast is boggling to me, but I do secretly enjoy it.

We make it to the medical building and I open the door for her. The cleaning smell hits us immediately, it always causes a slight burn to my nasal passages. Guiding her to the first dragon guard to be injured, I knock before opening the door.

"My King." The guard bows his head, but grimaces.

"Please no need for the formalities and causing yourself any further pain." I give a soft smile.

"This is Queen Harlow of Wolves. We are here to check on your healing progress."

"This is gracious of you Queen Harlow."

"Not at all. I wished to visit and see if there is anything I may be of help with during this time of recovering." Harlow steps up to him and smiles.

"Thank you, right now it is just bandage changing and cleaning out the gashes that are still not healing." The guard frowns.

"Has the doctors checked to see if anything was used that may weaken you as dragons?" Harlow's voice comes out sweet.

"Not that I am aware of."

I like the way she is thinking and makes me look like a for shit King that I hadn't thought of it until she mentions it.

"May I?" Harlow gestures to the bandage and the guard nods.

I watch as Harlow lifts the bandage slowly and leans in close to the wound. She seems to inhale and backs up, before removing the rest of the bandage.

"Please call in your medical team. This is treatable, but simple flushing of the wound will not aid in it fully. If this is what I expect the injuries will heal faster and you may be capable of flying again with much rehabilation."

I press the button and wait for the medical staff to come in.

"You can help me to fly again?" The guard tears up slightly.

"That would be the hope and if the rest of your wounds are as such it will take work, but I would say it is a possibility." Harlow pats his hand.

"Queen Harlow, there is not enough thanks in the world if you're able to complete as such." The guard shakes her hand.

"It is the least I can do, especially with the care I have formed for the dragons."

"She is also your Queen as well, Harlow is my longing mate." I smile over at her.

"It has been a long time waiting for you my Queen." The guard shows honesty and no signs of fear.

The medical staff comes in and it makes me a little upset it took them so long to respond. This is something to look at soon.

"I need a flushing kit, along with some syringes and milk." Harlow instructs them.

They stand there before looking to me.

"Do not look to me when your Queen speaks, I expect you to move. It is disrepectful to my mate for you to not answer to the items she is asking for." I growl out.

They scurry away in a quick manner.

"Why the milk?" I am curious.

"So dragons are able to drink water and bath, of course. For one to have it in the wounds it could become toxic over time and it degrades your spirits that you each hold. Within the wounds there is but a faint smell of almost lettuce, which could easily be missed. It may be weird but it is easy to be missed due to the light smell but also holds mainly water."

My mind is blown away by what she has caught onto in such a short time being here.

"If I can reverse this then the wounds will heal and his body will be voided of toxins. The milk will be administered to help rid your system of the lettuce. You will feel exhausted but it is a good sign though as it means you are healing and the milk is cleansing your wounds."

"Please, do anything to help me heal. I trust you just as I trust my King." The guard tries to smile.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Little weird?

It seems to be a good thing that Harlow caught on and can help the dragons that will be under their ruling though right?