26. Challenge

That sneaky bastard seriously thought no one would hear him

That sneaky bastard seriously thought no one would hear him. Sometimes I think rogues just get plain dumb.

Right after that the rogue helping us points us in the direction. The den is right on the opposite sides of the trees from us. I gave Cohen a quick glance and Chantria has us licking our muzzle, she is more than ready for some type of action.

Czar took my cue, so he nods to Malik for them to guide the rogue off to the side. Czar knew the plan of staying with the rogue until we gave the clear that the guy may be set free. If this goes well no sense on holding him longer, I will hold up my end of the deal if he has been truthful.

I move us low to the ground, barely inching up. Cohen follows suit with the warriors and guards. We peak through from under the shrubs, to see there are several wolves sleeping in a circle like pattern.

The rogues must be guarding the main rogue within the middle of the circle. It really is the only thing that makes sense. This being the case, they are more animal than human because this is not how wolves would normally lay, as we prefer our own space when sleeping unless with our mate.

Several of the guards move a tad further up, and the soft puffs sound off. A few shots were not on target, so a few of the rogues jump up howling from the pain. This act causes the rest of the rogues to wake.

I don't blame the guards, with how many seem to be in the circle it is extremely hard to decphier where the clear shots are. Regretfully, the darts don't work if the hits are on the paws, tail, or ears. There were to many bundles of fur together for any trained shooter to be able to tell the difference.

The warriors and dragon guards rush into the mix of chaos. I stand back because I know the main one will either coward down into the spot he lays at, or he will run. Those are the only two options for the rogue.

I catch sight of a rogue slowly approaching one of my warriors trying to take one rogue down. Cohen is quicker than I am having seen it just a few seconds before I. Cohen reaches out to his right and within seconds the rogue is knocked out by Cohen's bare hands.

Could my mate get any sexier? Definitely a question for later. Chantria is not helping much as she has us slightly panting from the view we got of all those delicious muscles of his.

Movement once again catches our eyes, this time it seems to be the largest wolf here. That must be the main rogue.

We let out a thunderous growl at the sight of him. The rogues head turns right to us, before he tries to make a move. I am already stalking up to the rogue, right as he goes to bolt, I have us jumping at him mid air. With my weight and the speed he has already gained, we go toppling through the shrubs we came through.

My claws stick in and I try to shred his hind legs to where he will not be capable of moving. The sneaky bastard seems to know what my intentions are, due to the moves he is making are to delibrately keep me from being able to achieve the prize I want.

For a rogue he is of great size. He can almost ravel for the size of Czar and there shouldn't be another wolf of this size without high ranks.

I lose the high ground on the rogue, as he kicks me off of him. I barely land on all four paws, but I am quick to turn and bare my teeth to him once more. I stay in the low crunched down position to where I can pounce if need be in a seconds notice.

Cohen burst right through the shrubs, having lost sight of me when the rogue and I went toppling through them. Several of the wolf warriors emerge and along with the dragon guards. Most of the rogues have been taken down or ran off.

Guess the main event is right here. The dragon guards are aiming with their weapons to the main rogue. We watch to see what the next move may happen from this rogue. He knows that he is out numbered so there is no chance of running.

It is a shock as the rogue starts to make a slow shift back to human form. I stay in Chantria's form as we don't trust this rogue.

Malik and Czar step up with the one rogue that has been helping. Since I made an unexpected appearance close to them with this main one.

We all are on edge watching as this shift is taking forever. It must mean one thing. This main rogue isn't used to being in human form much, as our shifts takes seconds not minutes.

Finally the rogue stands in front of us all in nothing but the same thing the day he was born with. His skin is littered in small marks, along with the dirt that seems to be caked on. It is a disgusting at the thought of one not having bathed in such a long time, surely he could have visited a source of water to cleanse himself.

Malodorous is the only thing that comes to mind to describe his smell. It is odious to know rogues live in this manner when they stop caring for theirself as a whole, because the animal spirit side of us doesn't tend to think of these basic things we need to do daily.

Not a single soul moves, as we continue to wait for the rogue to make the first move. I am about to shift when finally the rogue lets out a small cough, causing the dragon guards to reposition their aim at him.

With a small shake of my head, Cohen tells them to not engage unless he takes a step.

"I, Charles, challenge you Queen Harlow of Wolves for your throne." The rogue sneers.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Who seen that coming?

The rogue trying to make to grand of an entrance right?