𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 ✧ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

"Dustin,"

"Dustin,"

Mrs. Wheeler called out not long after the house had been plunged into darkness,

"Steve is here to take you home."

"Steve is taking you home?"

Mike asked with a look of disapproval, however it was not like Dustin could see it.

"Yeah."

Dustin replied.

"Why?"

Lucas asked.

"Because he's awesome."

Dustin said.

"I'll see you guys at school tomorrow."

Dustin said before darting up the stairs. A chorus of

"See ya's"

from the other boys followed him on his way. Once Dustin reached the main floor of the Wheeler home he threw on his coat and baseball cap and met Mrs. Wheeler and Steve at the door.

"Thank you again for taking him home."

Mrs. Wheeler said with a respectful and thankful smile to Steve who only nodded.

"It's no trouble."

He assured her. Steve's attention shifted to Dustin, however, as soon as he reached them.

"Did you get everything?"

Steve asked and Dustin nodded.

"Yeah."

Dustin replied. Steve spun his keys around his index finger before grasping them in his hand.

"Alright lets go."

He said as he led the way out of the house.

"Drive safe!"

Mrs. Wheeler shouted before closing the door.

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

Dustin's mom was going to be getting home late that night which was why Steve had offered to take him home so she wouldn't have to stress about it. Mrs. Henderson was beyond grateful of course and Steve didn't mind. He got along exceptionally well with the curly haired kid. Steve pulled into Dustin's driveway and turned the car off. The two boys stepped out of the car and Steve, being the older brother figure that he had become, was going to walk Dustin to the door to make sure he got in okay. But as soon as Steve closed his car door a distant sound caught both his and Dustin's attention. There was a growling from behind a nearby bush.