𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 ✧ 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐚

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

Scanthia no longer looked like the Scanthia Asling once knew and loved

Scanthia no longer looked like the Scanthia Asling once knew and loved. The upside down had long since taken over the once lush green lands of her home and now everything in sight was overgrown with thick dark vines. The sun seemed to no longer shine in the sky and darkness was abundant. Flakes of white danced in the air and every breath that Asling took seemed to burn her throat all the way down to her lungs. A cough ripped through her chest and Asling raised her arm to cover her mouth as she hacked a practical lung into the cloth of her sleeve.

"Here,"

Steve said as he handed her a spare cloth bandana that he brought.

"The air is toxic."

He added, he knew from experience, and he already wore a matching bandana over his mouth and nose. Asling tied the garment around the back of her head and her breathing grew heavier through the added layer between her and the air. Her eyes focused on the corrupt land before her.

"There!"

She shouted, her hand pointing to a large castle that was silhouetted in the low lighting.

"That's where we need to go."

She added.

"What is that?"

Steve asked.

"The castle. There we'll find the library which will hopefully have the answers we will need."

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

Asling had to use one of her swords to cut the vines off of the large wooden doors of the castle. After one final slice she and Steve were able to push the double oak doors open. They creaked with their weight as they swung inward and darkness stared back at the two. Steve took out a flashlight and shined it into the dark interior of the castle. Asling used her magick to conjure a ball of white light in her hand which illuminated the space around her and she led the way into the castle of darkness. Steve followed her dutifully, looking around him and observing the foreign place around him. The castle seemed to be built of large gray stones which were now overgrown with slimy vines of the upside down. Old windows that lined the entrance had been shattered and a cold wind blew threw them now sending a chill up Steve's back.

"So where exactly is this library you were talking about?"

Steve asked as they walked.

"It's the first left we will come across."

Asling replied.