𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 ✧ 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 & 𝐀𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

The soft sound of rain drumming on Steve's bedroom window slowly woke the sleeping boy

The soft sound of rain drumming on Steve's bedroom window slowly woke the sleeping boy. He inhaled deeply as he sat up and looked out the window of his bedroom. The rain wasn't nearly as brutal as it had been the night before. What was once a fierce winter thunderstorm was now a cool morning shower. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked over at the clock on his nightstand. It was only 7:30, there was still time for him to get ready for school if he chose to go today. But as the memories of the previous night came flooding into his mind he decided maybe it would be best to stay home to keep an eye on the girl from another world who was, hopefully, still sleeping safely on his couch in the livingroom. Steve got up from bed and decided to check on her and make something to eat at least for himself. He yawned, gave his arms a stretch, and opened his bedroom door. He stepped out into the hall but the sudden feeling of an arm swing around his neck caused panic to race to his brain. He struggled against someone he couldn't see who was apparently strong enough to keep a decent choke hold on him. But then again Steve didn't have the best reputation when it came to winning fights.

"I will give you one chance,"

A voice whispered in his ear,

"To explain how I got here."

This must be the girl from last night.

"I- you- you feel unconscious."

Steve choked out, the arm around his neck loosed only slightly.

"I brought you here so you could be out of the cold and the rain."

He added. Finally the arm that kept him in a decent chokehold released him. Steve instantly brought a hand up to his neck as he drew in deep gasps of air.

"You protected me?"

The person stepped out from behind him and moved so he could see them. The girl from last night looked up at him, arms crossed over her chest and a serious expression on her face as she studied him.

"Well yeah I guess."

Steve said with a shrug.

"It was cold, you were wet from the rain, If you had stayed out there all night you probably would have gotten sick and scared the shit out of Dustin's mom."

Steve said in a matter of fact tone as he walked past her. The girl turned to follow him, walking at his heels like a dog.

"Who are you?"