𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ✧ 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐎𝐍

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

Asling felt cold

Asling felt cold. Her body went numb. She watched as she limp body of her master fell to the ground lifelessly. He slid off the blades of her swords and he hit the ground with a sickening thud. His blood dripped from her crystal blades, one of them his own, and on to his cold lifeless corpse. Asling let out a shaky breath she didn't even know she was holding in. She fell to her knees, now completely alone, and screamed. It was a whaling scream of someone who had met a fait worse than death. She was more alone than ever, master dead by her own accord, Steve gone and in another dimension by her own doing, her parents dead from her own mistake, and she had no one to thank but herself for her own demise. She looked at the swords in her hands and without another thought she raised them to strike one last time, originally aiming for herself, she chose a much less gruesome fate for the swords and struck them right against a stone, shattering their crystal blades.

"I want it to be over,"

She said, tears streaming down her cold cheeks.

"I'm done with this, all of this. Give me my reward, my reward for suffering for my own sake."

She demanded into the sky, with the prophecy fulfilled she expected to see a light in the sky or something, bringing life back to the barren land of Scanthia. But nothing happened. It was just Asling and her dead master.

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

The apprentice stood to create a portal back to Hawkins and return to Steve just like she promised, she lifted her hand before her to use her magick but nothing happened.

"No..."

She muttered to herself and tried again but still no results.

"No no no."

She continued. She tried to create a source of light with her magick, a basic spell she had done many times but her efforts were fruitless. Asling fell again, pressing her head against the ground she sobbed into the dry grass. Now not only was she alone but she had no resources to help her. Her magick was gone and her swords had been shattered. There was no going back now. There was no more Steve and no more Hawkins. She was alone in the upside down of Scanthia. And as if that was all not enough she heard the roar of a mighty creature and she looked up to see a figure, larger than any building in Scanthia with many legs like a massive spider, looming on the horizon to the east. She felt her skin grow cold. As if the demodogs weren't enough now the was another monster threatening her presence and she had no ways to defend herself. Asling put her head back down, her mind rushing with a million thoughts of what to do next and each one ending up fruitless. She had to face a truth, with the new monster stalking towards her and no one to help, she would be dead within the day.

✧*~☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ - .*☆

"Steve!"

Dustin shouted, racing up to him. He had returned to them through a portal that was only open long enough for him to stumble out. Steve, exhausted and dirty, yanked the cloth that covered his mouth away so that he could breathe in the clean air of his home.

"Where's Asling?"

Dustin asked.

"Is she alright?"

He pestered him and the other kids raced up behind him, eager to see Steve and hear his answers to all their impeding questions about Asling, her home, and what had transpired since they all last saw them. Steve coughed as he sat down on the couch in his livingroom.

"She's gone."

"Gone?"

Max asked.

"What do you mean, gone?"

She added.

"You mean she's like... dead?"

Dustin asked only for Lucas to hit his arm.

"Dude!"

He said scoldingly.

"What?"

Dustin asked defensively.

"She's not dead."

Steve replied as he looked down to the leather band around his wrist which was surprisingly still in tact, maybe a little looser, but still securely fastened around his wrist.

"Then where is she?"

Dustin asked.

"She's busy."

"Busy?"

Mike said with confusion.

"She's fulfilling the prophecy, isn't she?"

Will asked and Steve nodded.

"Yeah."

He said.

"But she'll be back."

He said, a notable fondness to his voice,

"She promised."

END OF PART ONE

Thank you to all of you who have read
thus far! I will be taking a small
Break from updating this book but rest
Assured, Asling and Steve will return!

Thank you to all of you who have read thus far! I will be taking a small Break from updating this book but rest Assured, Asling and Steve will return!