2 - Screwed

Parking your Hyundai Elantra in front of the BigHit Building you get out giving your keys to the building valet, after he gives you a 90 degree bow, and a friendly and formal; "Good morning Mrs. Chan." 

He's such a good young boy working really hard to pay-off his college student loans. You admire him so much and at the same time envy him because he's so carefree in this miserable world not yet stained with the harshness we all call life.

After giving him a small nod and greeting in the friendliest way you could manage, you pass through the big glass doors showing your company I.D. to the security before walking to the elevator and pressing the top floor dial where your studio and the conference rooms were.

Once you get to Mr. Bang's main conference room you see some of your top staff including BonHwa waiting for you and Bang through the glass walls.

You take a deep breath to steady yourself and enter the big room returning bows to those already present

You take a deep breath to steady yourself and enter the big room returning bows to those already present. Making your way to the head of the table you sit on the right hand side of Bang's empty chair. Side glancing at BonHwa sitting next to you and seeing him eyeing you, suspicion and concern evident on his chiseled face but you dismiss it as you notice Bang and his assistant entering the meeting room.

You all get up straight away and bow in perfection to the father of BigHit Entertainment and he gracefully returns the bows with his own in small and a dazzling smile on his chubby face causing his eyes to form crescents disappearing behind his glasses.

"There's my favorite stylist! Y/N, missed you at the morning meeting, dear." Bang exclaims spotting you in your rightful space next to him.

Bang has been like the father you never had since the moment you signed the contract with his Power House just shy of two years ago. He's a short stubby man, a smile that crinkles at his nose and that has a heart bigger than the Atlantic Ocean. He has helped you out more times than you could count when things at home got too bad and you needed a reason to avoid home and the harshness of your husband.

He's never actually admitted that he knows about what was going on in your life but he has always kept an eye on you and when you needed it; giving you extra 'work' to keep you away from home longer, sometimes even sending you out on domestic flights with some of the Idols. 

So you have a strong suspicion that he knows.

"I apologize, sir. I woke up with some stomach issues." You lied bowing your head while apologizing avoiding eye contact.

He eyes you for a second before taking his seat at the head at the table, his assistant taking his across from you to Bang's left. The poor man gives you a tight smile pushing his specs further up his nose. Whenever you see him he always reminds you of an anime character that constantly sweats and bows in apology even if he did nothing wrong... Totally the nerd type.

"No need to apologize Y/N." Bang said patting your hand tenderly and giving you a sympathetic smile before turning his attention towards the room. "Right! Let's get this show on the road I don't have much time to repeat anything so I will only be saying this once." Bang is all business now, waiting for all ten of us to nod in understanding and attention.

"We have a new group coming in..." He continues watching our confusion, "Yes, I know we have just signed SEVENTEEN a few months ago but this group has been with another label since their debut in 2013 but not getting anywhere. I have seen their potential personally and decided to sign them after seeing that they have everything except a strong support system and label."

Your head starts kicking into a devastating overdrive. Thinking about the fact that the styling team has already been stretched to its limit covering all the Idol groups and single Idols that are currently signed.

"Now, the group needs a very good team on their side because I have a feeling that this group is going to be the IT group of 2016 and the future years to come." Bang says looking to you noticing the obvious questions you visibly have plastered on your face.

You have countless burning questions to ask the man that is now proudly announcing that he is, without regret, throwing you and all of your staff in the deep end of an Olympic swimming pool. You decide to keep your head as much as you can and ask the most basic questions instead.    

"Sir, what are they called?" You ask after he gives you a slight go-ahead nod.

"Bangtan Sonyeondan." Bang replies with obvious glee laced in his voice. 

"Seven members, right?" You've heard of this group, BTS, before but not really sure what Bang sees in them as they haven't really had much success since their debut in 2013 apart from the few awards they have managed to collect over the three years.

"Yes seven."

"From the previous company; did they have special requests or preferences?" You ask scratching notes on your pad as the meeting continues trying really hard to not lose your cool. 

"They hardly had any team. They were signed and left with little too no guidance from their company. I've worked with Yoongi before and was really impressed with his work." He explains "I then took it upon myself to get to know Namjoon and Hosoek as well and that is why I decided to have them join BigHit. Well, more like made it my mission to get them here."

"So, we treat them the same way we do a 'baby' Idol group although they have been in the business for 3 years..?" BonHwa asks making notes on his own pad.

"Yes that is basically what will happening BUT..." Bang stops looking everyone sternly in the eye before turning to you. "I need the BEST team you can get to be with them. I want them to feel like they can come to the staff with anything. The mission here is to build a strong and trusting relationship between staff and Idol the same way you have done with the others."

You look at Bang rolling your Parker pen between your long, well manicured fingers, you can't help but think; Bang, I love you as a father and I'll always stand with you and walk every mile you want me to. But this... this is INSANE! How do you want me to get this done? MY staff is spread thin as it is... Ugh... Bang-ssi...

"Sir, when will they be arriving?" BonHwa asks from beside you pulling you out of your thoughts.

"They arrive in 2 weeks. They will be in the SangDo-Dong dorms but as you know they will be at HQ most of the time. In secret they have been working on a Comeback re-Debut album that will release 2 May." Bang states matter-of-factly. 

You hear BonHwa inhale sharply as he realizes how little time we actually have to whip up a fully fledged super team for a seven member Idol group that seems to be the next Golden Child of BigHit Entertainment. Not to mention he wants us to be their confidants and build a strong bond and get them ready for a Comeback. 

We are so SCREWED...