22 - Threat Pt 2

Dr. Sloan gives a long satisfied whistle as he looks down on your thigh. You blush, even if you know that his reaction is for his handiwork and not your exposed legs, feeling more than naked sitting in your lace boy-short panties and tank top, atop the examination bed.  

"I'm good!" Dr. Sloan exclaims, glancing up at you then wiggling his brows. You have to try hard not to roll your eyes at the cocky doctor. "I've got to show this to that jackass Avery when we're done."

You swallow hard, "Avery?" He's not going to plaster my scars all over his friend list is he? 

"Oh, Dr. Avery. He's a well known plastic surgeon in Seattle." Dr. Sloan affirms, seeing your worried expression. "I taught the kid everything he knows and he believes I've reached my peak due to my moving and age." He scoffs. 

"Oh. So this will be like a research thing? Like showing your study notes?" You ask, still feeling a bit nervous. 

"Exactly. If you're okay with that, of course?" He looks at you and you could swear that he is actually pouting. 

"Sure, if it's for research and not for some sort of pissing contest." You smile sweetly at your Doctor. 

"Of course! Thanks." He chimes happily before becoming more serious but still keeping a pleased charming smirk playing on his lips. "So what you say we get these damned thing outa ya, hm?" 

You nod excitedly. Knowing that with the sutures out you can ware shorts and dresses again and it being peak summer in Korea, you've missed them.

Dr. Sloan gets his kit then cleans the area before looking at you and nodding once a small pair of medical scissors in hand, then gets to work carefully snipping at the loops then pulling them out with medical tweezers as gently as possible. It hardly hurts and surprisingly there's no blood as he moves to the last of the stitches, then cleaning the area again before applying a soothing gel that also helps with scarring. You take your first look at your suture free thigh, a tear silently making it's way down your face. It's not in-your-face but it's there. The faint pale lines of a squiggly 'H' that will forever be there, to remind you of that terrible night. 

"With time they will become more unnoticeable." Dr. Sloan's voice is low yet comforting. "Just keep applying this and when it's finished moisturize as often as you can." He says, placing the gel next to you on the bed.

You sniffle but nod at his instructions. He then continues to your wrist and follows the same process removing the stitches. The scar on your wrist is even harder to see as the cut was more precise and straight. You do your best to stifle a sob when he is done applying the gel to your arm and he places a gentle hand on your shoulder. 

"Will you be going to the therapist after we are done here?" He asks, you answer with a nod and wipe your tears with the backs of your hands. "Good. I think you'll need it." 

"Thank you Dr. Sloan." You manage to say, your voice small and raspy.

"My pleasure Y/N. For what it's worth, no human should be allowed to live after doing something like this. I hope that son of a bitch gets what's coming to him." 

You blink up at the handsome doctor and through your tears you manage a breathy chuckle. 

After giving you a full medical and filling your contraceptive prescription, killing two birds with one stone, you bid Dr. Sloan farewell after promising to not meet under the same circumstances again, heading out of his office and to the elevators to meet with Dr. Yang for your therapy session, four floors up. 

While quietly reading through the medical report the doors to the elevator open on the next floor to allow three, very pretty, nurses to join the ride. They seem to be gawking at something on their cell phones, too invested in whatever it is to notice you, swooning and giggling like a bunch of teens even though they are clearly a few years older than you.