EPISODE 9: "Human error"

While still at work, Shaurya's entire right arm suddenly goes lifeless, and he drops the letter of apology (for disobeying the head of Customs) that he was carrying

He tries to make his arm move, but it refuses to respond, and he wonders if something was badly damaged when he was stabbed with the pen knife earlier.

Yash enters the office and peers closely at Shaurya, asking if something is wrong. He picks up the letter Shaurya dropped, and as he holds it out, Shaurya's hand becomes responsive again just in time for him to take it back.

Seeing the duct tape on Shaurya's sleeve, Yash asks if he's okay, but Shaurya says it's too late - that's a question Yash should have asked twelve years ago.

Shaurya retreats to a storage room where he can check out his arm in private. It's definitely damaged, and some biological material (at least I hope it's not part of his actual arm) sloughs off from the spot where he was stabbed.

As a plane approaches the runway, a bird is sucked into one of the engines and causes a fire. The pilots struggle to keep the plane under control, and from the airport itself, it looks like a ball of fire is hurtling through the air.

Anokhi , excited about her mother's arrival tonight, gets a text about the emergency and is horrified to realize that her mother is on the damaged plane.

Anmol and Reema are part of the security team dispatched to be on hand when the plane lands.
When Reema admits that this is her first emergency, Anmol mutters, "It's my first time, too."

Shaurya is near the tarmac when he gets the text, and then a call from Manager Alok to get to the scene.
On the way, he spots Anokhi through a window at the terminal, looking stricken as she watches the plane descend.

Every available emergency vehicle heads to the runway, preparing for the inevitable injuries (or worse) when the plane lands.

On the plane, attendants rush to get the passengers buckled in and prepared for a rough landing.
Anokhi 's mother tells the young boy sitting next to her that he's very brave, and he gives her a tight little smile.

As Anokhi watches, the plane plummets out of the sky, and the entire airport holds its breath. Amazingly, the pilots manage to touch down on the runway without too much trouble, and everyone heaves a sigh of relief.

The plane's crew prepares to evacuate the passengers, the fire trucks go to work putting out the engine fire, and Anokhi 's mom high-fives her young seatmate in relief.

Shaurya rushes to where Anokhi is waiting, and he has to stop her from running out to the plane and putting herself in danger.
When he sees the look of extreme panic on her face, he asks what's wrong, and she gasps, "My mom is on that plane!"

Ahir is worried since Anokhi isn't answering his calls or texts. He gets in trouble for being on him phone during an emergency, but Manager Ramesh calms down when Ahir tells him he knows someone on the plane, though he says they still have to do their jobs.

Yash reports to Manager Monty that the emergency landing was a success, and the engine fire is being put out now.
They still don't know how many people were injured, but Kitty is setting up an area in the terminal for any injuries to be treated, and for those uninjured to get food and water.

Manager Monty puts Team Leader Tez in charge of handling the press, and gives Yash authority over the landing site.
The fact that nearly all other flights are delayed causes a lot of unhappiness with the airport's other passengers.

Shaurya calls Kitty for an update on the plane that made the emergency landing, telling her that Anokhi 's mother is on the plane.
Anokhi asks for permission to go to the plane, but Kitty tells her that she can either get back to work, or go to the family waiting area and wait.
She does say it would be good if Anokhi came back to the office to help out since all flights are delayed, but adds that she'll understand if Anokhi can't.

After Kitty hangs up, Shaurya asks Anokhi hesitantly if she wants him to take her to the waiting room. She says she knows where it is, but he asks, "Do you want me to stay by your side? That's what I'm asking you right now." Something about the way he says it makes Anokhi stop and ask what he means.

He explains that just saying not to worry won't help her feel better, and he knows she can't go back to work, so he thought it might help if he just stayed with her. Anokhi seems disappointed that that's all he meant, so she says she's fine, and goes on alone.

Shaurya watches her go, then gasps like he momentarily forgot to breathe.
He gets a text from a coworker to come back to the office because Manager Alok is angry, then thinks about Anokhi 's face when she told him her mother is on the plane, and he makes a decision.

He calls Anokhi and asks her mother's name, then hangs up again. Claiming to be in charge of guiding uninjured passengers back to the terminal, he goes out to the plane, where passengers are just beginning to be evacuated.

On the plane, a male passenger is trying to get off ahead of the women and children, yelling that first class passengers should be evacuated first.
Anokhi 's mom speaks up and tells the man to follow orders, but he snaps at her that women always want equality until inequality benefits them.
Annoyed, she offers to wait until last with him if that's what he's mad about.

In the terminal, Yash, who's been told about Anokhi 's mother by Kitty, finds Anokhi sitting on the stairs trying to call her mom.
He tells her that no passengers were seriously injured, and she's grateful and relieved for the update.

He offers to walk her to where the passengers are being taken after evacuation.

Outside, Shaurya asks the women traveling alone if they're Rama Bhalla, but Anokhi's mom is still on the plane with the belligerent businessman.

Suddenly the plane lurches, and the businessman jumps up, shoves Anokhi 's mom out of the way, and starts crowding his way to the front.
Anokhi 's mom hits her head on a seat and crumples to the floor, badly hurt.

The businessman continues to push and shove people out of his way until he makes it onto the bus. He draws the attention of Anmol, Reema, and Shaurya, but for some reason, nobody stops him.
Shaurya hears someone on the walkie-talkie say that a woman was injured on the plane, and Anmol sends Reema in to help.

Before she goes, she notices that Shaurya isn't where he was standing a moment ago.

A flight attendant helps Anokhi 's mom into a seat and tells her that he called the emergency team. While she's alone, the flashing emergency lights start to make her feel sick. She closes her eyes, and someone - Shaurya - puts a cold pack on her forehead and tells her to keep her eyes closed.

He leans her back when he sees that her head is bleeding, doing his best to make her comfortable.
He hands her a cup of water, and she drinks and hands it back.

Shaurya's arm goes limp again when he takes the cup, just as Reema and the emergency team arrive.