🤳 If u're liking the story, then do comment.

As expected, there was more to Anokhi's conversation with Grandpa than what was shown last week

As expected, there was more to Anokhi's conversation with Grandpa than what was shown last week. The extended scene reveals that she was able to come clean about all the subterfuge, and Grandpa's resulting cold dismissiveness stems mostly from his concern that her association with Shaurya will create rumors and sully Shaurya's reputation.

Since their relationship was all a lie, he tells her to cut ties with Shaurya to avoid any potential fallout. Before she can admit that she and Shaurya are now in a real relationship, though, Yash calls with word that Shaurya was involved in an accident.

Anokhi follows Grandpa to the hospital - in a taxi because he rudely doesn't give her a ride - where he buckles down on his opinion of her, even after Shaurya - who's barely injured from the car wreck, by the way - explains that he's dating Anokhi for real.

Shaurya even drops the L-bomb, but Grandpa cannot overlook Anokhi's lies and deception.

Shaurya argues that he was the one who blackmailed her to participate in their fake contract relationship. If Grandpa wants to blame someone, he should point fingers at Shaurya . And, Shaurya threatens, if Grandpa won't accept the woman he loves, then he can kiss his dream of great-grandbabies goodbye. It's Anokhi or the highway, Grandpa.

Kanchan picks Anokhi up from the hospital, but on the way home, it starts to rain. Anokhi, remembering Shaurya's PTSD, asks Kanchan to pull the car over so she can run back to the hospital... in the rain... without an umbrella. So, of course, she's soaking wet when she rejoins Grandpa and Yash in the lobby. On the bright side, her obvious concern for Shaurya and sprint through the downpour softens Grandpa's glare - slightly.

She finds Shaurya standing at the window, where he appears calm despite the rain. As he gazes at the skyline and the view of N Chandigarh Tower, he's reminded of his childhood, of his father calling the tower a Christmas tree, and of the time his parents came up with a convincing lie that extended the number of years he believed in Santa.

The trip down memory lane inevitably leads to discussing the car accident that took his parents' lives. Although the tone is serious, the flashbacks are theatrical and stylized in such a way that's reminiscent of some of the drama's earlier scenes (e.g. Anokhi's interpretation of their fake rainy day meet-cute), which helps blend the tragic subject matter with the light-heartedness of the drama.

Shaurya - predictably - ends his tale of woe with an admission of guilt, having blamed himself for their deaths. If only he hadn't insisted that they drive through the torrential rain so that they could spend his birthday at the theme park! But our unconventional heroine comforts him in an equally nontraditional way: by asking him if he blames her for his recent car accident, too.

"Of course not!" he objects, and because he's so distracted trying to reassure her, he fails to notice her smile. See, she tells him, your parents wouldn't want you to blame yourself for their accident, just as you don't want me to feel responsible for yours.