🎆Guys, how is your life going?

Insecurities are poison for relationships - even fake ones

Insecurities are poison for relationships - even fake ones. Our archaeopteryx does his best to prove his feelings are genuine, but our leading lady is faced with a lot of opposition, and she struggles to find the confidence she needs to date him for real.

Even though Shagun and her Gossip Gals didn't get a whole lot of screen time last week, they left enough of an impression that we know they aren't good people.

With friends like them, who needs enemies, right?

So when Shaurya strutted across the hotel lobby and smiled oh-so-perfectly at Shagun and her sidekicks, I was ready for him to show up and show out. And boy, he does.

Over dinner, Shaurya is cheesier than mozzarella sticks, and the Gossip Gals, who are clearly not lactose intolerant, eat up every line. When Shaurya professes that his love for Anokhi is as limitless as his credit card, their approval meters start glowing pink, and the more Shaurya lays on the charm, the more the ladies want to live vicariously through Anokhi's fairytale relationship.

Shaurya books a suite for the night in order to maintain the ruse, but after a brief fight over who gets to sleep on the couch, Anokhi worries about the long-term effects of their lie. After all, Shaurya will have to encounter Ahir regularly, due to his involvement with their newest product line.

Won't that be awkward for Shaurya ?

But Shaurya wonders if she's more concerned with how their fake relationship will be perceived by Ahir. Surprised that he figured it out, Anokhi sheepishly admits that she's over her one-sided crush, and Shaurya "jokes" that he's glad his (fake) girlfriend doesn't want to date someone else.

After a mostly sleepless night, Shaurya and Anokhi greet her friends wearing matching outfits. Initially, their plan for the day was to drive back to Chandigarh, but Shaurya cancels his meetings when Ahir has the audacity to suggest that he leave Anokhi behind to enjoy more time with her friends.

Pfft, as if Shaurya would give Ahir the opportunity to have one-on-one time with Anokhi.

Next we see them, they are all marveling as Grandpa's yacht pulls up to the dock - Take that, Ahir ! - and once they're onboard, Anokhi's friends are eager to hear how the couple met and fell in love.

Shaurya draws upon his real feelings and experiences with Anokhi to answer all their questions, and while Anokhi secretly marvels over his acting abilities, Shagun and Ahir stew in their jealousy.

Ahir eventually corners Shaurya for a private confrontation, acting like Anokhi's protective big brother whose job it is to scare away the evil rich man toying with her heart. But Shaurya quickly puts Ahir in his place.

Why can't Shaurya's feelings for Anokhi be genuine? Does Ahir think so little of Anokhi - his friend - that he believes the only reason a wealthy and handsome man would want to date her is because of some elaborate joke?