EPISODE 14 RECAP

At the Venetian casino-hotel, Anokhi sadly recalls how Shaurya ignored her

At the Venetian casino-hotel, Anokhi sadly recalls how Shaurya ignored her. (Anyone else laugh out loud at the gondolier singing "Con te partiro" at the top of his lungs?)

The guys remark that the girl is embarrassing, but Anokhi recognizes her and says she's really cool. They wonder how she knows her; Anokhi answers that the girl saved her life. Yash protests that saving Anokhi is their thing (in a cute, "Wait, what about us?" way). Guys, guys, don't worry - Anokhi needs saving so often, there's plenty to go around.

For those wondering how Shaurya can suddenly be made head of Sabherwal Group, he isn't the only executive. Madam Sabherwal still carries the title of president or chair. Shaurya's a managing director, which means he carries authority as a senior executive - but he's not the sole power running Sabherwal. (Not that this plot point is realistic to begin with.)

Shaurya and Madam Sabherwalgreet their business associates, the heads of Kapoor Group, who have been courted to work with Sabherwal in their global venture. The couple explain that their daughter, Shagun, is off touring Macau alone, then compliment Mama Sabherwal on her handsome son. Mom beams.

F3 take Anokhi to dinner at one of their favorite restaurants, but Ahir, who leads the group, spots Shaurya inside. Before the others have a chance to see, he turns and announces that he wants to go somewhere else. He shoots the guys a Meaningful Look, and they catch on quickly, changing their minds casually to keep Anokhi from guessing why.

Ahir pauses to shoot a hard look in Shaurya's direction, and I really think he should just be angry all the time. I didn't find him interesting as the gentle prince (too bland and supposedly perfect), but he's much more compelling being angry.

At the dinner table with Shagun's parents, Shaurya receives emailed photos on his phone. His expression grows troubled when he opens the messages surreptitiously to find a series of photos of Anokhi. The sender isn't shown, but I'm guessing this is Mr.Makkhan working on Shaurya's instructions.

Mama Sabherwal notices his inattention and breaks in to interrupt his photo-time.
Attuned to Anokhi's gloom, Ahir asks if she regrets coming and whether she has a plan. She takes the philosophical approach - at least she got to visit a nice place - and says she doesn't have a plan. "But it would be nice just to be able to see him and ask, 'How've you been? I've been okay.'"

She wonders, "Isn't it strange? It feels like it was ages ago that we were together. If he really does act like he doesn't know me, I'll wonder if I just dreamed it on my own."

Ahir answers firmly, "It's not a dream. If it were, it wouldn't have been so painful. After sending you off, I realized that I'd done nothing all this time. When I came to my senses, you were on the plane. So it's not a dream. Because you're in front of me now."

Maybe he feels he's revealed too much, because he abruptly says goodnight and leaves. Left alone, Anokhi breathes on the glass, then writes the character "S", but stops there.