EPISODE 13 RECAP

Shaurya's father passes away after collapsing in China, and Shaurya is named the managing director of Sabherwal Group

Shaurya's father passes away after collapsing in China, and Shaurya is named the managing director of Sabherwal Group. The big news (aside from Daddy Sabherwal's passing), is that Sabherwal is now entering plans for a "global project" - an international resort.

Episode 12 left off near the end of the school year; we pick up nearly half a year later. The F4 guys have graduated and moved on to university (not yet sure about Shaurya), while Anokhi has entered her final year of high school.

She has not heard from Shaurya since his departure, nor have the rest of F4 kept in steady contact. Reema gripes that the guys (plural, but she means one in particular) must be busy having fun at college: "They've probably forgotten all about so-called friends and gone girl-crazy."

The cranky old man comes back to the porridge shop; he's been back several times since we last saw him, each time ordering something unusual. He eats with gusto, but refuses to give out compliments; instead, he gruffly says he only cleaned his plate to avoid wasting food.

Cranky Gramps treats Anokhi affectionately, saying that the more he looks, the more she resembles a lotus flower: "Do you know why the lotus flower blooms in mud?" He assigns that question as "homework" for his next visit. Her boss advises her to listen carefully, because Gramps isn't the type to say something without reason.

I think it's safe to say that Crankypants is indeed Ahir's grandfather (I was hesitant to believe it, because shouldn't the girls have recognized their former president?) who has a long-standing connection to the restaurant boss, whom the girls call Master.

An old newspaper clipping shows the old man with Master Master's father, the former lauded head chef at the Blue House (the presidential residence).

Anokhi tries to keep a happy face in the face of Shaurya's lack of contact, with little success. Whenever his name crops up, Anokhi's expression grows more glum. Her blues are not helped by the fact that her shoulder has been troubling her, although she shrugs it off as minor.

To make money, the family have taken to decorating dolls as a side job, but they soon rejoice when Dad succeeds in getting a job.

And then, Ahir conducts an orchestra. I DON'T KNOW WHY. Must we have a Beethoven Virus reference to go with the Gourmet one? You, sir, are no Sabherwal.

Perhaps this is to show Ahir's university pursuits, but a little explanation - or even context - would be nice. As he leaves rehearsal, he walks down the staircase as the cleaning lady stumbles. He catches her; it's Anokhi's mom, who is immediately awed at Ahir's beautiful face. As for this scene's purpose? WHO KNOWS.

Ahir finds Anokhi in the swimming pool, struggling with her bum shoulder. This isn't the first time he's noticed the pains, because he chides her for not going to the hospital. Anokhi she says that doctors told her everything was fine, but he doesn't seem to believe her, and Anokhi looks worried.