EPISODE 23 RECAP

Shaurya and Anokhi's zoo date marks their first chance in a long while for quality time, so Shaurya asks how she's been holding up

Shaurya and Anokhi's zoo date marks their first chance in a long while for quality time, so Shaurya asks how she's been holding up. He tells Anokhi, "I'll take care of you," explaining that Witch Mom isn't the type to let the broken engagement and aborted merger slide — he's preparing himself for her next assault.

However, Anokhi tells him she doesn't want to be protected. Shaurya balks, because in his mind it's natural to want to protect her, but Anokhi says, "I don't like being supported by someone, or protected and taken care of. I've received many things from you, F4, and Shagun. I want us to be equals, so I'll face what I must."

(And then the boy, Chan, whispers to Shaurya for a little bathroom assistance. He is so cute. Shaurya rushes him off, and the three enjoy their day at the zoo.)I

 really like this walk home, which is characterized by calm contentment. Shaurya reflects, "It's strange, it feels like I'm in a scene in a hazy dream right now.

"The words are spoken casually and Shaurya doesn't mean anything by it, but they sure do make me uneasy. Their walk is cut short by a phone call from Mr.Makkhan telling Shaurya he ought to return home. Shaurya isn't eager to go but he knows he should; he hands over the sleeping boy and reluctantly leaves.

Anmol 's studio. He examines the puzzle piece given to him by Kanchan, and remembers when she'd first given him the present. When he'd asked what the characters meant, she had answered that it indicated "a once in a lifetime fate." I suppose the point is that if it's once in a lifetime and he had let her go, like the wind that never returns to the same spot twice, the relationship truly is over.

Reema bursts in, nearly wilting with exhaustion but pleased to announce, "I found it."Reema brings Anmol to the rooftop of a tall building and points in the distance, just as the rising sun illuminates the city skyline.

The billboards are advertisements for two different products, and when the sun hits, the light breaks and washes out the extraneous parts, leaving only "I love you" and "Anmol ."

Reema explains how she came to discover this — three years ago, Kanchan had asked Anmol to meet her at sunrise the next morning. That day's recorded sunrise had occurred at 7am, so Reema had been tracking down various locations until she found the right one, which displays this message only for a few seconds each day.

I'm sure Anmol has guessed the gist of Kanchan's message, but seeing it like this hits him hard. He breaks down, overwhelmed with regret, and sobs out wretchedly that he wants a do-over.Reema lets him cry, but his pained reaction affects her too, as she watches with pity (and probably some hurt feelings at this evidence of how deeply he cared for Kanchan).

Ahir and his grandfather fish together (while Anokhi prepares the fish stew that Grandpa Chattwal likes). Dr. Chattwal brings up the death of Ahir's parents, explaining that he was afraid of losing Ahir as well, which is why he pushed him away. However, he'd thought of it as suffering alone — punishment for his lifelong pride — as though he hadn't realized that Ahir would misinterpret and shoulder the blame.