An Unwanted Anchor | 02

"I crushed my heart to ease their pains, no thought for me remains there, nothing they can spare, what of me?"

- Cygnet Committee | David Bowie

Percy later found himself in Olympus, he was too weak to stand, though he was unsure if it was from his emotional exhaustion or the amount of blood he was loosing.

He felt the arms of someone helping him up and suddenly he felt a lot better physically as a warm light eradicated around him. Apollo. He thought and his suspicions were correct as his broken eyes met with the God's softened ones.

If only he could heal the emotional wounds that were freshly embedded into his heart.

"Perseus Sirius Jackson, you have saved our world, for that we grant you 3 wishes, though I regret to say you cannot bring anyone back from the dead" Zeus boomed as Apollo flashed back to his seat after sending Percy a pitiful look.

"I- I wish for a portal between the two camps, Jason would've wanted that" Percy spoke up, his voice raw from his screaming and crying.

"Done" Zeus said in response.

"For my next wish, I wish for the rule of gods not being able to see their children to be abolished, the other campers left would benefit from it" he said and a few of the gods smiled slightly.

"Fine" Zeus said with a sigh, clearly he didn't want to but nevertheless it was only fair.

"And for my last wish, I wish to be cut off from the gods completely until I say otherwise" Percy said, they opened their mouths to protest but realised it was no use.

"Very well" Zeus said.

"We also wish to each give you a blessing" Hestia said to which Percy raised a brow.

"I bless you with impeccable skill and aim with a bow and a some more musical talent as well, not that you need it" Apollo said, and a bright light is shot at the boy's chest. It didn't hurt, though it made his feel numb for a little bit.

"I bless you with the ability to change the temperature of water and an overall better grasp on your abilities" Poseidon said and a blue light was shot at him in the same place, giving him that same numb feeling.

Temperature of water? That's a new one...

"I bless you with the ability to wield any weapon expertly" Ares said and a red light is shot at him, yes again.

"I gift you with the ability to speak every language fluently and knowledge far beyond your years" Athena said and this time the ball of light was a greyish colour.

A bit OP but okay...

"I gift you with excellent mechanical skills and the ability to control flames" Hephaestus said, the energy like ball now orange.

"I bless you with slyness and the ability to be an excellent thief" Hermes said with a slight smirk and yet another ball of energy was shot at him.

"I bless you to have marvellous taste in wine and the ability to drive mortals insane" Dionysus said and the other gods looked at him like he was an idiot as another ball of light was fired at the young demigod.

"I bless your firstborn child to have no ill will to come to them and for them to be healthy for a lifetime" Hera said with a soft smile.

Should I tell her I'm gay? He thought, nah not the time.

"I bless you to have a loving family, whoever you choose that may be" Hestia said.

Umm okay...? My family's dead...

"I grant you a lifetime supply of cereal, that's it, cereal is a godsend, literally" Demeter said while all the gods looked at her as they did with Dionysus.

Actually that one might come in handy...

"I bless you with the ability to charmspeak, eternal beauty and to find love one day when you decide to look for it" Aphrodite said, and you won't be surprised to hear the light was pink.

"I gift you with the ability to turn into any animal you wish and the power to heal others" Artemis said with a small nod that could've even been mistaken as a small bow of the head.

"I bless you with slight power over lightning and thunderstorms, you can also fly and I won't smite you" Zeus said with a shrug.

"I suppose I'm last, I bless you by allowing you to hide in the shadows easily" Hades said and a black shadow-like ball is shot at him, his eyes are soft as they look at Percy I'm pity. Hades was one of the few gods from start that didn't treat Percy like a pawn as Zeus did.

"Now that we have all blessed you, we will leave you with this last thing, you will be a a partial immortal, which means you can be hurt all the same and can die the same though you will always awake, you'll age like everyone else and die of old age but then you'll come back as a god I'm your strongest state of being" Zeus said and Percy's eyes grow wide.

"What?! Why?! No! I don't want it!" He exclaimed.

He had a plan, a plan that was now useless as he was granted immortality.

It was in that moment that the young demigod was held to this world by an unwanted anchor.

"We don't have a choice, you're way too powerful to have death as a vulnerability" Zeus said, and even he sounded sorrowful. Percy was then flashed back to his mothers old apartment in New York, however the young demigod was unknowing of what would soon come in the months to follow.

Percy stumbled into the empty apartment, everything reminding him of his loss. He just wished his mother was there to help him through it all but instead he was forced to mourn her too.

When he first found out Sally and Paul had died he was with Annabeth, Chiron told him how they were found dead in the apartment along with a note.

The note that lead up to the war, it was the starting point, it marked the day it all began. Monsters were sent to the apartment by Gaia herself so she could send a message to Percy.

He had lost so much in the past two weeks that he wasn't sure what to do with himself.

As he entered the apartment he noticed the dried blood that stained the wooden floorboards. He fell to his knees once again and cried, his sobs were full of pain, he didn't care who heard it he just wanted everything to go back to how it was.

---

Lol, he kinda emo ngl, so brocken 🥺💔⛓🥀

Word Count: 1120

- M.L.B.