Gay's A Family Thing | 06

"Oh, forget your mind, and you'll be free."

- Fill Your Heart | David Bowie

23:36

It was later than night when Percy couldn't sleep that he found himself in the sitting room downstairs, the fireplace burning gracefully in front of him.

He held a cigarette loosely between his fingers as he watched the flames dance around.

He brought his flask to his lips and took a swig of its contents, relishing in how the liquid burned ever so slightly as it went down his throat.

After taking the last few puffs of his cigarette, he left the remains in the ashtray and took another sip from the flask, contemplating on wether or not he should light up another cigarette.

The door opened, though he didn't have to look up to know who was there, it was Sirius, Percy could tell by the very faint smell of dog.

The couches weight shifted slightly from the other end as the older man sat down beside him wordlessly.

Percy offered his flask and Sirius excepted it, taking a swig.

Normally any other man would gag at the strong taste but that was in America, Percy found that Brits could hold their alcohol far better than the average American. Why, he wasn't sure, it was just something known to him that he never thought to question.

He elected that he would in fact have another cigarette and so withdrew one from the pack, popping it in his mouth and offering one to his uncle who accepted said offer.

Percy clicked his fingers and two sparks lit both cigarettes.

"Thought you had to be older to perform magic outside school" Sirius said as he inhaled the harmful yet soothing smoke, letting it fill his lungs.

"My wand isn't registered here and out of range of the American Ministry" Percy replied, a slight smirk on his face as he took another puff of his cigarette.

Sirius smiled slightly in amusement, taking another swig of the flasks contents.

"Mmm, what is this?" He asked.

"Scotch, Macallan actually, rich people stuff" Percy replied.

"Where'd you get it?" Sirius asked with a raised brow.

"My cousins dad gave me a whole case" he replied, looking back the situation was actually quite amusing.

"Sounds like a good man, not many people would buy a 15 year old scotch" Sirius laughed.

"Well it was at his daughters funeral, he probably wasn't in a good state of mind" Percy said, staring into the flames once again.

"Shit" Sirius said looking over at his nephew in slight shock.

"Yeah, it was a joint funeral, for everyone who died in the war, I don't even know how I did that shit sober" Percy said and it made Sirius wonder just how many kids had died in this war.

The two ended up drinking a lot more than what was in the flask, Sirius sharing a secret stash he had hidden from Remus and Molly who weren't too keen on him drinking.

Being under the influence surely lightened the mood and they talked about random stuff that would make little too no sense if they looked back on it.

They became more and more intoxicated, spilling secrets to one another and laughing at the stupidity of some of them.

"So do you have a girlfriend?" Sirius asked with a drunken smirk.

Percy snickered and leaned in slightly as though to tell his uncle a secret, "I'm gay" he whispered and Sirius began to laugh, "sameee" he said and the two erupted into fits of laughter.