A Manky Lookin' Hat | 13

"Your strange demand to collocate my mind, scares me into gloom, you're too intense, I'll have to keep you in your place."

- Janine | David Bowie

18:30
Hogsmeade Station

After getting off the train, Percy was lead by the twins and Lee to the carriages.

"Thestrals" Percy said with a small smile, going over to pet the creatures.

"My lord! How wonderful it is to see you!" One of them said.

"Call me Percy, what's your name?" He asked.

"Edwigon! It's a pleasure to meet you my lord" Edwigon replied in excitement.

"It's nice to meet you too Ed, you mind if I call you Ed?" He asked.

"Ed is fine my lord" the Thestral replied.

"He's gone mad" Fred said to George and Percy turned around to see them looking at him like he were crazy.

"He's not mad, they're thestrals, only those who have seen death can see them, they're beautiful creatures really" a soft voice said and they looked to see Luna standing with Neville.

"You can talk to them can't you?" Luna asked Percy curiously and he nodded.

"That means you speak hostletongue, can you talk to other animals like horses?" She asked and he nodded again.

"It could mean you're a descended of centaurs" she explained and the twins looked surprised.

"I can talk to fish too" he said with a grin.

"That's a new one, what do they say?" Luna asked, intrigued to know.

"They're usually too busy fawning over the fact they have someone to speak to but other than that they he make pretty interesting conversations" Percy said and she smiled.

"That's amazing, I wonder if there's others like you" she said in wonder.

"There's only three spaces left in this carriage, we can just wait for the next" George said.

"No it's fine, you three can go ahead" Percy said and they looked unsure.

"It's okay, I'm fine, I'll just get the next one" Percy said reassuringly.

"Aright then, we'll see you later then yeah?" Fred said and Percy nodded and watched as they left on the carriage.

"I'm Luna" Luna said to him.

"Percy Jackson" Percy replied with a grin.

"What about you?" He asked Neville who looked unsure if he should say anything.

"Umm Neville Longbottom" he replied nervously.

"It's nice to meet you both" Percy said with a genuine smile.

"Is that the Mimbulus mimbletonia?" He asked with wide eyes, seeing the plant Neville was holding.

Neville's face lit up and he nodded, "it is! My great uncle got me it for my birthday! Isn't it amazing?" He said with a smile.

"It is! I've never seen one in real life before" Percy awed, looking closer.

It was then that a carriage came along and they three jumped in, it went along the pathway started to slow down at three familiar faces.

"What's that pulling the carriage?" Harry asked Hermione and Ron.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage Harry, it's pulling itself like always" Hermione replied warily.