The Room of Requirement | 25

"He told me, let the children lose it, let the children use it, let all the children boogie."

- Starman | David Bowie

October 9th | 16:12 | 1995
Room of Requirement, Hogwarts, Scotland, Uk.

Percy stood in the Room Of Requirement as Harry girlbosed hard, slaying like the true queen he was. Neville, as Percy had expected, found the room of requirement only a day after their meeting in the abandoned classroom. And so, here they all were, everyone who signed up, standing in the room as Harry talked to them all.

Percy was only half paying attention to the boy as he explained how everything was gonna work.

Though he snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing his name.

"Now Percy, will be teaching you all hand to hand combat, seeing as we don't want you only relying on your wand, they can easily break or be lost during a fight" Harry said to everyone who began muttering quietly amongst one another.

"Okay so half of you will go with Percy, the other half with me" Harry said, and just walked down the middle of everyone, splitting them up.

"I'd say that's effective" he said with a shrug, walking back to where he was standing.

"You guys are with Percy on the left and you're with me on the right after an hour we'll switch" he said and everyone moved to each sides of the room.

"Alright guys, gals, non-binary pals, gather 'round" Percy said with a singular clap as he ushered them all into a group.

"This is a safe space for all of us, we gotta trust one another and be trusted in return, now I know some of you might not know each other very well so why don't we all introduce ourselves, say your name, your age, your pronouns and if you want, a random fact about yourself" he said with a grin.

"I'll go first, my name is Percy Jackson, I'm 16, my pronouns are he/him and a cool fact about me is thaaaat, I used to have a dragon called Bowie" he said and they all looked surprised, the younger kids looking at him in awe.

"You next!" Percy said, pointing at a kid.

"Umm I'm Anastasia Romero, I'm 13, my pronouns are she/her and I'm originally from Italy" the girl replied, looking slightly shy by everyone looking at her.

"Nice to meet you Anastasia! Wanna pick who goes next?" Percy asked with a grin, she nodded and pointed at a boy beside her.

The cycle continued until everyone was introduced to each other.

"So now that we all know each other and we're a little more comfortable, how bout a game to build some more trust?" He asked, a wide smile spreading across his face.

"I don't know if any of you have heard of this, but does anyone know what trust fall is?" He asked and a few people nodded.

"Great! So basically trust fall is when you stand in front of someone and fall backwards, trusting them to catch you, you have to say trust fall though or you might fall to the ground" he said, looking slightly amused.

"I'll demonstrate, watch me go do it to Harry" he said with a smirk and they watched in amusement as he walked over to Harry.

"Yo Harry, trust fall" he said and turned around, falling back onto the younger boy.

"Oh bloody hell" Harry muttered but caught him nonetheless.

"Thanks Haz" Percy grinned, standing up.

"I'm not even gonna question it" Harry said with a shrug.

"It's a demonstration" Percy replied with a grin patting him on the cheek and going back to his group.