Percy Can Read And Sirius Is An Author | 17

"Well come on, come on, we've really gotta good thing going, well come on, come on, if you think we're gonna make it, you better hang on to yourself".

- Hang On To Yourself | David Bowie

Later that day Percy was sat in the great hall at Lunch when his owl came swooping in, dropping a letter in his lap.

"Ooh more mail I'll hardly be able to read!" He chirped excitedly, ripping open the envelope.

Dear Percy,

I've heard of your difficulty with reading, I was the same in school until Lily, Harry's mother and a dear friend of mine, literally created a spell for me.

Anyway here's the spell, I hope it helps you as much as it helps me (even sometimes to this day): 'leverba' you hold your wand to your temple and say it, it lasts for an hour or so at a time and will take a few tries to master. Be warned though, don't use it more than 3-4 times a day or it can give you really bad migraines. When I say really bad i'm not making it sound worse than it is, one time I lost my sight for a couple days after using the spell like 7 times.

Hope this helps and I suspect Hermione will be able to help you with some sort of charm that helps you to write.

Yours, Remus.

Percy stared at the words with his mouth agape, he had to read it many times to make sure he was reading it correctly.

He quickly withdrew his wand and muttered the spell against his temple, suddenly the whole letter looked so much more easier to understand.

He dropped the piece of paper in shock and grabbed Hermione's book from her grasp, reading the page she was on.

"Oh my god" he exclaimed a wide grin spreading across his face:

"What? It's just our homework" Hermione said confusedly.

"I can read!" He yelled, shoving the letter in her face, she read it and surprise came over her face at Remus' words.

"That's amazing! It really words?" She asked him with wide eyes and Percy nodded excitedly.

"I CAN READ!" he cheered, standing up on the bench.

"GO PERCY!!!" Fred cheered and then randomly everyone started applauding.

"PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR REMUS LUPIN FOLKS!!" Percy yelled and people cheered louder, unsure of what he was on about but finding it fun nonetheless.

He then sat back down laughing at how many peoples attention he had gathered.

The applauds died down and the halls atmosphere went back to normal though with a little more chatter than before.

"Hermioneeeee, do you have some parchment?" Percy asked, turning to Hermione.

"You honestly need to start bringing your own, you always ask me for it" she said, rolling her eyes but nevertheless passing him the paper.

"You're the second best!" He said with a grin and Ron snorted.

"Who's the first?" Harry asked amusement.

"Remus, I can read now" Percy replied and Harry just raised a brow unsure of how those two things were related.

Percy ignored him and just wrote his letter back to Remus.

"Oh he was right about a charm fixing your spelling, watch, pass the pen" Hermione said to him and he shrugged and passed her the pen.

She pointed her wand at it, muttering a small spell and passing it back to him.