Oop RIP | 34

"Don't set me free i'm as heavy as can be just my librium and me."

- All The Madmen | David Bowie

November 12th | Next Day
Hogwarts School, 7th Floor.

"I'm too hung over to go to class" Percy complained as both he and Harry walked through the hallway. They were already very late seeing as Percy wanted to show Harry a picture on the seventh floor that had Sirius and Harry's dad in it.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have gotten pissed drunk and jumped in a lake" Harry remarked, looking slightly amused.

"He told you about the lake?" Percy asked, snickering slightly.

They were about to walk down the stairs when they began to move, Harry however had already taken a step forward and ended falling.

Percy quickly grabbed his arm, though I'm doing so, fell off the edge as well hanging on only by his finger tips with one hand, the other clutching onto Harry's.

His wand fell from his pocket falling down the many flights of stairs right to the bottom most likely breaking.

"Fuck me, I hate my life" Percy mumbled as he struggled to hold on.

"Harry" he said gruffly, looking down at the panicked boy who looked back up, his eyes wide in fear.  "Harry, climb up me" he said, his voice strained.

"N-no I can't, you'll fall" Harry replied, his tone hoarse.

"It's fine, I won't, I promise" Percy said, looking down at Harry reassuringly who didn't look at all convinced.

"No, I can't" Harry replied and Percy sighed.

"Fine, I'll just pull you up" he grunted, "are you mad? I'm way too heavy" Harry gawked.

"You're really not" Percy replied, pulling a strained smile.

He then began pulling Harry up and it was working, however he could feel the bones in his hand breaking at the weight though he didn't stop. With one last burst of strength he pulled Harry up, letting him hang onto the edge with both hands. The release of the weight was a relief which could be shown through the large sigh that left his mouth.

Though Percy found himself so exhausted that he couldn't even bring his other arm up to hold on tighter, it just hung there heavily and most likely bruised.

His grip started to loosen though he tried desperately to hang on as Harry pulled himself up to safety.

"Harry, you need to find someone, you can't pull me up yourself, my weight would take you down" Percy said, his voice only just above a whisper, any more would take too much effort.

"I can't leave" Harry replied shakily, shaking is head.

Percy felt blood tickle from his hand down his arm from the concrete digging into his fingers.

"What is going on-" the voice was cut off when Percy's grip slipped, Harry rushed forward trying to grab his arm, though to his horror Percy began to fall, slipping out of his grasp. 

As he fell it was almost as though everything was in slow motion, the look of pure terror in his friends eyes as he reached out for him only to grasp the air between them. The face of Snape rushing to the edge, waving his wand with the words, "aresto momentum".

He began to fall considerably slower, hitting the ground with a large thud and a few small cracks, the air seemingly leaving his lungs and everything going black.

Shrieks we're heard from the students at the bottom as they saw Percy's motionless state lie there.

Blood began to form around him in a puddle only causing more panic.