McGonagall Strikes Back | 39

"Satisfaction, satisfaction, keep me satisfied."

It Ain't Easy | David Bowie

December 12th
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Professor Mcgonagall had had enough of being the unwitting battleground for those fuckers. Enough was enough.

To be fair, she thought it was all in good fun at the start – switching seats when she wasn't looking, whoopee cushions, glitter bombs – the usual marauder influenced antics. However, the pranks have started to get progressively worse, first her hat was permanently stuck onto her head, then everything on her desk was glued down, and now there's crickets in every drawer she opens and some odd purple slime being thrown at her during meals.

It wasn't just her who was getting fed up, all the teachers of Hogwarts were at a loss of what to do. Umbridge particularly was furious, she had her hair dyed bright blue 5 times! In the last week! She didn't understand, how were they doing this? It had to be some form of dark magic.

Snape was also having a hard time with these pranks, it seemed as though the whole school was in on it. He couldn't teach a class without someone asking him for a left handed quill or if turtles could be homosexuals, or some other ridiculous question that made absolutely no sense and every time he turned around, when he turned back, everyone was in a different seat, it was infuriating. What was more infuriating was that it was every. fucking. student. He couldn't give them all detention, that would be too much effort for him, he already saw them enough, he didn't need to extend that time he so intensely hated.

Mcgonagall had actually found it amusing at first, it was refreshing to see all the houses come together in unity, even if it was only to cause chaos. Though, after a whole week of enduring endless pranks, which were mostly just inconvenient, it got annoying.

So annoying in fact, she was contemplating on not showing up to class just to avoid it all. She had even tried convincing Dumbledore to let the Christmas Holidays start early so that she could escape this madness. He only smiled, looking amused, but he didn't have to teach those hooligans, he didn't know what it was like, she grew sour, she had never wanted to deck someone so much in her life but she refrained herself, unfortunately.

She had a sneaking suspicion on who was orchestrating this whole prank war fiasco, and let me tell you, he certainly was not doing a good job on keeping his title as her favourite student.

With a silent prayer she stalked into her classroom one Friday afternoon and almost immediately came to a halt. Dogs, everywhere, all dressed in Hogwarts uniform and sat somewhat patiently at each of the desks.

As she looked closer she noticed that a lot of them resembled her students, like the black german shepherd that wore round spectacles and had a very distinguishable scar on its forehead, the shape of a lightning bol- hold on a fucking minute. Her eyes narrowed, that wasn't just any black dog.

What the fuck was Sirius Black, an escaped convict, who of course was wrongfully convicted but still technically a criminal by law, doing in her classroom?

"This is war" she spoke and with a look of astonishment from a black dog, who totally was just a normal black dog dressed up as harry potter and not an illegal unregistered animagus escaped convict, she walked out.

And so, the once-patient teacher had become an annoyed conductor, orchestrating her retaliation in secret.

Plotting in secrecy, she hatched a plan to turn the tables on her once-beloved students. Late one evening, armed with a mischievous glint in her eye, Professor Mcgonagall executed her revenge.