chapter 4

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Charlie looked back at her, confused and yet he knew why. "Cersei-" "Shh." She said as she pulled him behind her. Taking out her bow and an arrow.

Loading the arrow on her bow, her eyes nothing but flames, the anger and pain flashing back and forth as she watched the silent interaction happen from down below.

Her eyes studied the people in uniform, two teen boys stood on the side of a man with curly hair and glasses. The man didn't have any armor or weapons on him. Unlike the two boys next to him.

Behind them in uniform were a few other people but her eyes focused on the three figures standing right in front of them.

One wore a white shirt some black long sleeves underneath, an axe on his shoulders as the air blew the last bits of the bandana to the side.

The other one wore a blue shirt with some glasses on his brunette hair, a crossbow on his hand pointing at the group within the walls of the city.

Although only one caught her eye, the one who wore a bright green jacket, pieces of netherite chest plate on him as he gripped the sword that was ever so familiar to her.

"Is that him?" she quietly asked Charlie. The human slime walked to stand next to her, he nodded, fearfully glancing at her.

Charlie had heard a lot about where Cersei the Nightmare princess had come from. His family had been in truce with their kind for centuries. Maybe that's why he felt safe around her cause he knew that she could never hurt him.

She let out a scoff, "Well how unfortunate for him." She said as her jaws clenched. Raising up her bow and arrow, she narrowed her eyes as she took a target.

Her heart burning at the sight, but after what felt like a minute or two, she saw movement and changed targets, from the bright green hoodie to the white shirt. And without hesitation she let go of the arrow.

»»————————-««

Wilbur stared at Dream with much hatred. "It's death or surrender Wilbur. It's that simple." His cool voice said. The proclaimed president of the country pushed the glasses he was wearing and shook his head.

"If you think I will surrender and admit defeat, then you are a fool Dream. I have no intention of stopping until we have our independence." He said.

Dream clicked his tongue and shook his head, "Then war it is then." He said as he fixed his maxed. Nodding to his best friend, Sapnap smirked and gripped his axe and pulled out his flint and steel.

He moved towards the group but then they heard it, the whizzing of an arrow. They didn't realize who the target was until Sapnap was pinned to the tree. He struggled as the arrow out but it was dug deep between his white shirt and the tree trunk behind him.

Dream stopped as his eyes widened behind his mask. Gripping his sword as he recognized the arrow that was launched at his best friend.

He immediately turned and used his sword to dodge an axe attack. He clenched his jaw as his eyes saw the familiar brown one. The white mask covering the scowl on the girl's face.

She pushed him and as he was about to lunge at her, she moved her axe, just an inch to a neck. George froze, the glasses on his head, falling slightly as his eyes widened in fear.

Dream stumbled as the girl tilted her head, challenging him. He gulped as he looked at George, his heart hammering in his chest. "Leave." Her icy voice said.

It brought shivers down his back. Guilt creeping up to him as she looked at him with utter rage. He didn't move though, he didn't want to show weakness which he knew was a mistake.

She snickered and pressed the blade closer to George's neck. "Don't make me repeat it again." She said. Dream clenched his jaw and lowered his sword.

Two stared at each other until she pushed George to him. Dream catching him as the latter gripped onto him. He felt the small trickle of blood from his neck.

If looks could kill the two of them would have been dead. "I suggest you leave, you don't want to test me." she said. Dream scoffed, "Let Sapnap go." He finally spoke. His voice hoarse, a tone of worry evident which surprised everyone around them.

The girl smirked and nodded, turning as she walked to the tree where the boy was pinned. Sapnap, the white tshirt wearing boy struggled as he kept pulling on the arrow.

Cersei slapped his hand away making him to look at her in distaste. She sent him an amused look before wrapping her hand around the arrow, and within a second it he was released.

Sapnap rushed pass her and she placed the arrow back to her quiver. She looked back slowly, studying the three characters in front of her.

She stood in front of the people of L'manburg, she felt the shocked looks staring on her back but she ignored them. "This is my mission now." She simply said as she swung the axe to her shoulder.

Dream visibly froze making her to tilt her head mockingly. "If you want to take L'manburg you will have to go through me. Believe me I don't stop until I'm dead." She said as she stared at Dream.

He stared back, with a pleading look but she didn't budge. This was not ignored by the boys next to him. He huffed and sent her a small nod, which she did not return.

She raised her eyebrows as he sighed, "Let's go." He said as he turned around, pulling George's shirt. "But-" "Let's go." He cut off Sapnap who was glaring at her.

Cersei watched amused at the situation. The three figures walking away without even looking back. She nodded to herself and turned to the people of L'manburg.

Their jaws dropped, if she could laugh, she would. But she merely raised her eyebrows, "I believe you called, Mr. President." She said with a different tone.

It wasn't warm or welcoming, but it was lighter than how she spoke to the Dream Team. "You're a Nightmare?" the blonde boy spoke from beside Wilbur.

Cersei's eyes looked at him and snickered, "Yes. Is there a problem?" she asked. "But you're a woman." He said again. She raised her eyebrows offended but the smaller teen rushed to his friend.

"No. No problem, completely fine Miss Nightmare." He said. She nodded and turned to Wilbur again, "If I am not what you expected I can give you the communicator number of my-" "No." Wilbur cut her off.

She stared at him and raised an eyebrow, "A very important person trusted that you would finish the job therefore there is no problem." He said.

Cersei nodded, "This person..." she trailed as she lowered her axe and leaned on it as the blade was planted on the grass. Wilbur hummed and nodded, "They must be pretty important if they have come across my communicator number. Not a whole lot of people get a hold of it." she said.

Wilbur nodded, "I believe he mentioned that you two had trained together before." He said. Cersei's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Well then, where is this person?" she asked.

The teen's eyes widened as she heard soft galloping from behind her. Wilbur pursed his lips as he looked past her. She tilted her head as she stared at them.

A sound of an axe blade appearing near her ear was heard. The people of L'manburg gasped but she smirked under her mask.