chapter 35

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Sapnap sat by the wall, his eyes trained on the still burnt portion of their land. He pursed his lips and closed his eyes replay in his head what had happened. The way Cersei had manipulated water, the way she saved them, the way he got burned.

His thoughts were interrupted when she heard walking. Opening his eyes he saw Cersei walking by the walls. Her fingers running through the walls. He stood up, walking towards her.

That's when he realized, he had her eyes closed. Seemingly taking in the feeling of the wall from her fingers and from what it looked like she didn't have shoes, feeling the grass on her feet.

She was walking straight when she accidentally tripped and she anticipated the fall. She was fine with the pain that it would bring, the impact she was expecting didn't come though but instead arms wrapped around her waist.

Cersei opened her eyes and there she saw Sapnap looking down at her as he held her waist in a position just in time before she fell to the ground. He sighed, "Clumsy." He said before pulling her up.

She scoffed and shook her head, "Thanks." She muttered as she plopped on the grass. Sapnap sat beside her silently, they didn't know what to say. As far as they can remember, the fight with the flames opened and introduced so much to them.

As she played with the grass with her fingers, Sapnap inched his hand towards hers. Dancing around the grass their fingers finally touched but she moved hers away. He sighed defeated, he just wanted to comfort her.

Sapnap didn't get to do that, he didn't know how, he didn't even get to see her when she woke up. But he knew that Dream and George did, Techno did, even the Beloveds did but he didn't. And he was confused, all he wanted to do was comfort her, ask her how she was but she didn't even find him. Or so he thought.

Cersei gulped, "I tried to look for you when I woke up you know." She mumbled. This made the boy to look at her in shock. "You did?" he asked. She hummed and nodded, "But Techno didn't let me because I was still emotional. Too worried he said. He said, I would burn you so I didn't." she explained.

"I never thought you would let someone stop you in doing something you want. Unless you didn't want-" "I was scared Sapnap." She cut him off. She turned her head so she can look at him.

Staring straight into his eyes, "I was scared because I heard about what happened. I burned you Sapnap-" "But it healed." He cut her off. She shook her head and was about to stand up but he grabbed her hand.

"Cersei, please don't shut me out." He said. His eyes begging as he frowned. Cersei gulped, the fear of hurting someone that made her feel like she didn't need to built up walls and act different. Someone that made her act like how she wanted, not as a Nightmare, not as what the institution made her out to be. But as Cersei, who she always dreamt of being.

He made it seem like it was worth to hang her bow and quiver, like it was worth it to get a house and have a melon farm and actually settle. But she never would admit that, because she was scared. Scared of these feelings and what seemed to make her weak.

"You worry too much." He said trying to lighten up the situation. But Cersei didn't think so, she shook her head and sighed, "I'm really not." She whispered. "Give me a good reason why I should just let you push me out?" he asked.

She stared at him and huffed, "I burn you and you burn me, how the hell is that gonna work?" she reasoned. Sapnap shook his head, "If I remember this clearly from what Techno had explained to us, that only happens when we use our powers which is not all the time." He pointed out.

Cersei was about to argue but Sapnap cut her off, "You are not gonna be weak just because you let me in." he said. Cersei looked at him worried but Sapnap offered her with a smile.

She sighed and shook her head turning away as she looked at the sky. "You are not alone. You never were ever since you've come here."