chapter 7

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Dream rushed inside their home with George and Sapnap following right behind him. He was panicking, what the hell was Cersei doing there.

He was sure that she knew it was him, just the way her eyes flared with rage. He gulped as he threw his mask to the ground as he looked out the window.

George stood next to Sapnap. They shared a look, from the years knowing their friend, this was the first time they saw him like that. It was the first time he actually backed down and in front of a crowd too.

The shroom boy nudged Sapnap who rolled his eyes at him. "Dream." He said as he crossed his arms. The blonde turned and looked at them.

His eyes lingering longer at George. He was in danger for sure. "What the hell was that and why did you back down?" Sapnap asked.

Dream looked at him, "I don't think you'll want to know-" "I think we need to know if she made you back down that easily." George cut him off.

The looked at each other and Dream snickered, "She held an axe to your neck and pinned Sapnap to a tree. I think that was enough for me to back down." He said.

Sapnap shook his head, "You were scared Dream." he said. The blonde breathed heavily and shook his head and looked back out the window.

The sun was setting and he clenched his jaw. "We can't fight L'manburg if she's there." he whispered. George and Sapnap looked at each other confused.

"Of everyone that Wilbur could call why her?" he asked himself. His mind was all over the place until he realized. Wilbur Soot and Tommyinnit, Technoblade's brothers.

He froze and his jaw dropped. How could he be so stupid. Of course Techno would call to her when his brothers would be in danger.

But no, his old friend won't call her against him, unless he didn't know. His thoughts were interrupted when George placed a hand on his shoulder.

George turned him and their eyes met, "Talk to us." He said softly. He sighed and looked at Sapnap who raised his eyebrows at him.

"Her name's Cersei." He started. Sapnap's eyebrows furrowed at the familiar nickname, "Wait a minute, Cersei the Nightmare princess?' he asked.

George's jaw dropped and Dream gulped. He nodded and walked backwards. "How do you know her?" Sapnap asked. He watched closely as Dream looked at his feet.

A habit that warned Sapnap that he was about to lie. "I bumped into her in my old travels." He muttered. George who didn't notice the lie walked back up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll work around her." He said. Dream looked back up to him. His eyes showed nothing but worry. He knew deep in him that they can never work around her especially if she held a grudge against her.

"We'll try again." George tried to reassure him. Dream merely nodded and hugged George. Relieved that he was alive and not on the ground headless.

Sapnap stared at Dream. Their eyes met and Sapnap clenched his jaw. Dream already knew that he didn't believe him. The black haired blaze boy shook his head.

But Dream was scared. Scared about his past, his truth. He was terrified that George would run away from him and for Sapnap to look at him differently.

He wanted to be angry at Cersei for ruining his life. But she couldn't have known. No one could've known.

And yet despite how many times he had tried to run away from his past, it always comes after him. And Dream knew he had to face it soon.

Starting with Cersei, he had to face her soon. And he didn't know how it would go or how he imagined he would act in front of her.

He had run from her, left her after professing the love they had for each other. But people change and he did when he met George.

He never intended to hurt her but in the end he did. He realized that when she was standing in front of him and was threatening to kill George.

Dream clung onto George like he was gonna disappear. George sighed and rubbed his back as Sapnap raised an eyebrow at the sight. He knew there was something more to it than what Dream had said and he will find out soon.