chapter 43

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Cersei used to love patrolling, she had the chance to watch both the sunset and the sunrise. She get to watch the fire Sapnap would make for her. And Sapnap, oh god Sapnap, she had to spend time with him. Get to know him, spend time with him without anyone seeing.

But now she dreaded it. She dreaded to face him, she had successfully ignored him, for his own good. But like everything, she can't hide from everything so there she was leaning on the wall as Sapnap scoped the area in front of the L'manburg.

When he returned, Cersei turned to look at the sky, they stood there. This was a big deal, it was a sign of how much guarded she was. She was standing up as a sign that she was holding it all in.

She knew she would feel vulnerable if she sat down, what with the memories of them spending time together sitting on the grass and just creating that bond. The same bond she was willing to let go off if it means to save him.

It could be coincidence, no mobs spawned, no imminent threat arrived, nothing. It was just them, standing, hours and hours until the sun started to show signs of rising.

The silence was deafening, it broke Sapnap's heart. He was hurt and angry, he thought he got through her. He thought he knew her but from what Wilbur had told her, he thought she was selfish.

»»————————-««

"Sapnap." Wilbur said as he entered the library. The raven haired boy looked up and raised an eyebrow at him. Wilbur sighed and walked in sitting in front of the younger boy.

"You know, a lot of people see you care. I can, your friends can and she can." He whispered. Sapnap scoffed, "I don't think she does." He muttered.

He couldn't understand why he was entertaining Wilbur anyways. But he was upset, Dream was upset with him, George was walking on egg shells around him and Cersei was ignoring him.

"She has her reasons." Wilbur said. "How would you know what she thinks?" Sapnap asked him. Wilbur frowned, "Because Techno told me and I talked to her." He said.

Sapnap's heart broke, she talked him. Of course she would. The president of a nation, someone like Wilbur would be worth talking to. "She's trying to protect you." Wilbur whispered.

"From what?" Sapnap asked. Before Wilbur could answer Sapnap had cut him off. "I was the one who fought with the Flames and saved her from the Stones. I can fight. I know how to. She doesn't have to protect me. I know what I'm doing." He said.

Wilbur sighed, "She knows that but Sapnap, she cares about you and because of that a target has been put upon you like how there's a target on George." He said. Sapnap looked at him in shock.

The older boy sighed, "She's trying to protect you but I think she needs protection from herself." He muttered. Wilbur gulped and licked her lips, "From the time I've known Cersei, she needs you. Techno says so."

»»————————-««

The sun had almost risen and that was a sign for Cersei to go. But before she could go far Spanap grabbed her arm. She froze as a lump in her troath started to form.

"Cersei." Sapnap's hurt voice rang out. She let out a breath, "Let go of me." she whispered. He scoffed and turned her around, his hands gripping her arms.

She didn't meet his eyes, fearing that she would break. "I know." He said. Cersei clicked her tongue, "Know what?" she asked. "Know that you're ignoring me to protect me-" she scoffed and shook her head.

She shook his hands off, "I don't know what the hell you're talking about Sapnap." She said. He groaned and grabbed her arm again, "If you don't let go of me-" "Just tell me," he said.

"Tell you what?" Cersei asked finally looking at him. "Tell me to go. Turn my back on you and never look back. Tell me to not care and just leave. Because I can do that, I'll do that than playing hide and seek with you." He said.

Cersei stared at him, her lips in a thin line and Sapnap scoffed, "Tell me." he said. She let out a breath and looked away. Furrowing her eyebrows as she tried to say it, she tried to. She really did, she tried to tell him the cold words and just make him run. But nothing came, her stupid heart was beating for the first time in her life. Much more than it did with Dream.

He was fire and she melted. And she knew that. Sapnap huffed, tears clouding his eyesight, "I can protect myself and I definitely don't need you to protect me, don't act like I don't see right through you." He whispered, walking closer to her.

"You don't know me." she said shaking her head. Sapnap snickered and placed his fingers under her chin, making her to look at him. "But I do." "You don't." she said as she shook her head, trying to convince herself.

Sapnap smiled, "I know you love the kids because it reminds you of innocence." He started as he stared at her. "I know you like the feeling of the grass on your feet because it reminds you that you're still alive. I know that you like wearing white shirts because you believe that the less blood on them the less people you hurt. I know that you like flowers in your hair, especially daisies because it makes you feel like a girl. I know you adore your bow because it's the thing that kept you alive. I know that you stayed not because of the contract but because you started to care." He said.

"Stop." She whispered as she closed her eyes. But she didn't move away, she didn't flinch when his hand found her cheek.

"I know that you love the sunrise and the sunset because it shows you that the day is ending and starting. I know you love the fire even if it burns you because it makes you feel something." He said.

Cersei shook her head, "Sapnap please." "No. You are not running away from me. Not this time, not ever because you can't make me. And I know you don't want to." He whispered. "Please don't make me." he cried out as a tear felt.

She hummed and wiped it away, "I don't want you hurt-" "And I don't care."

They stared at each other and their eyes said it all. They both didn't want to. So they didn't.