chapter 10

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Wilbur stared at the Dream Team who was standing in front of the gates of L'manburg the next day. His eyes fuming at the sight of them.

Tommy and Tubbo ran to stand beside him. He glanced at the poles on the sides of the gates. There sat Techno and Cersei, staring at the trio.

Dream walked forward, his mask covering his face just as the white masked covered Cersei. George stared at the girl, her royal blue cloak shinig under the sunlight.

"This is your last chance Wilbur. Surrender or die." He said as he lifted up a stick of dynamite. Cersei raised an eyebrow at how desperate he had become. She looked at Techno who she just knew was scowling at his desperate play.

Wilbur let out a laugh, "Have at it Dream. You've done that before, we can rebuild over and over again. We will have our independence." He said.

She applauded him, making her smirk. "You won't win this Wilbur, I will kill every single one of you if I need to." He said. He then went on and on, spouting on and on.

As he finished, no one moved. Dream was about to pass Sapnap the dynamite when Cersei snickered making him turn to her.

She looked at Techno who nodded at her. The two jumped to the ground, landing on their feet, their cloaks landing flawlessly behind them.

Dream watched behind his mask, clenched jaw and gripping his sword, "That was all bullshit wasn't it?" she suddenly spoke. George glanced at Dream but he was just looking at the two.

Techno and Cersei stood in front of Wilbur, Tommy and Tubbo. Techno took of his mask as Cersei lowered hers. The moment her face was seen, Dream gulped.

Her scar making his chest burn. "What a funny name, Dream. Don't you think so Techno?" she asked not looking at her best friend. Techno snickered and nodded as he crossed his arms.

"I think its time to let your friends know the truth. Don't you think Dream?" She said with a smirk. The L'manburg people looked at each other confused.

"Shut up." He said. Cersei let out a laugh, "Oh come on now Dream, I think a little story telling would be nice." She said. "What the hell are you talking about?" Sapnap asked with anger. He didn't like how she was talking to his friend.

Cersei just smirked wider, "So they don't really know?" she asked. Dream held himself back, she chuckled, "Well how about this, let make it simple shall we?" she asked.

She glanced at Techno who nodded at her. "Once upon a time there were three neglected children, two boys and a girl." She started.

George glanced at Dream again but he didn't budge. "One sent to the institution because he wasn't the perfect son like our President today." She said and Techno snickered.

"An orphan girl left at the doorstep of that dreadful place and a boy sent there because he isn't the golden boy like his builder brother." She said.

Sapnap looked at Dream as he listened intently. "The three met through the training, thrown into multiple life threatening situations at a young age. All three connected and grew together. Creating an unbeatable trio, the Nightmares." She said with pride.

Wilbur looked at her in shock, she did not mention any of this to her. Glancing at his brothers, Tommy watched in curiosity as Techno stood by her side.

"They graduated with full marks. The prefect little assassins. They travelled the world, fighting together, killing together. Until one decided to leave." She said with a frown.

She stared at him, oh how she wished she could see his face. "Leaving the two defenseless one night, losing one of their lives." She said. "And years later. Who would have thought, the Nightmares all back together." She said with a smirk.

"You lie." George finally spoke. Techno snickered and she chuckled, "Really? Am I Dream?" she asked. "Stop it." he merely said.

Cersei snickered, "Don't deny who you are, you cannot run from your past anymore, why do you think I'm here?" she said. "I don't know what you're talking about." Dream said with gritted teeth.

She threw her arms in the air and turned to Techno, "Help me out?" she asked. "Oh come on now, we were your best friends, your partners in crime, we killed together, I think that speaks for itself." He said with a smirk.

"Dream?" George asked but before he could say anything Dream ran to her with his sword. Techno was about to pull her but she pushed him away.

With this action, Dream pulled her hair and pushed her to the ground. She was on her knees as he pulled her hair and placed the sword on her neck.

Gasps were heard even Sapnap and George were shocked, his mask slowly falling off his face. "Don't ruin my life." He growled at her as he stared at her.

Cersei's stone cold expression dropped, "Do it." "Cersei." Techno scolded her. "I dare you. Kill me Dream." She said. "What?" he asked.

"Take my life. It will stop everything." She whispered. He looked at her wrist to see one bar left. "You have one life left." He said. "And I always wanted for the person I loved to kill me because you did, unintentionally or not." She admitted.

Dream faltered but shook his head, "Stop playing with my head!" he yelled. Cersei sighed, "I'm not. Kill me now Dream. If you do you don't have anything to stop you from getting L'manburg. You won't have to deal with me threatening George." She said.

Wilbur was fuming, he did not understand what was happening. He almost walked there and then but then Techno spoke, "If you kill her, you'll be defenseless Dream." He said.

"Techno don't-" "What are you on about?" Dream cut her off. "Look around you Dream, its snowing. In L'manburg. Our past is getting to us, and I think you know why." Techno explained. Dream looked down at Cersei, "With the Nightmares together, our old enemies are nearing." She said.

"Dream you know you can't fight them alone." Techno said. Dream gulped, "They'll kill George Dream." He finally said it. Dream looked at George who stared at him in shock. "If Cersei lives she can protect him." Techno said.

Cersei cried out, "Dream..." she trailed. He looked down at her, "If I don't kill you, you will protect George." He said. She gulped and nodded. Dream let go of her and Techno grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet.

"I will if." She said making him stop. Dream turned to her and clenched his jaw, "If you give L'manburg their independence." She said.

Tommy and Tubbo's jaws dropped as Wilbur's eyes widened. "What?" Dream asked. Cersei looked at him, "I protect George with my last life, I'll even die for him but you give these people what they deserve." She said.

Dream was about to deny, "If you don't then good luck fighting them off alone. You know how they are." Techno said standing next to her.

The blonde gritted his teeth but nodded, "Deal." He said and turned around and pulled Sapnap and George with him. Cersei raised her head as she watched them walk away.

Her lips turning into a smirk. Silence engulfed them, until Techno hit her head, "You could have warned me." he scolded her.

She laughed, "I needed your genuine reaction." She said. "Cersei." Wilbur spoke. She turned to him and raised an eyebrow, "You could have told us." He said as he crossed his arms.

Cersei raised her eyebrow at him, "Then the reaction wouldn't be genuine and he wouldn't believe now would he?" she asked. Wilbur clenched his jaw but nodded, he knew she was right and it just hurt his ego to admit that.

"So we have our independence?" Tubbo asked, his tone brighter and happier. The L'manburgians looked at Cersei and she smiled, "You heard him. He agreed and like what I said, us Nightmares value our word. Unless he changed..." she trailed as she looked at Techno.

Techno sighed, "If he does then me and Cersei will have to deal with him." He said as he put his mask back on. She smirked to herself and nodded, "'Till then, I suggest getting ready for your independence." She said and nodded at them before walking away with Techno.