chapter 42

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Niki handed Michael another basket of cookies to bring to the next house. That day, after the training, Niki had been pestered by Cersei to teach her something.

Cersei was a fighter, she travelled a lot so she didn't know anything about the things that Niki did. So despite the pleading look that Sapnap was sending the pink haired girl, she agreed.

That morning Niki had taught Cersei how to bake cookies. It was her specialty, the kids loved it and so did the others. It was Wilbur's go to calming down sweet.

Cersei was a fast learner so the two girls had baked an unsurmountable amount of cookies so they decided to bring some for their group. They had already given Eret their share, the owner of the castle was happy to let them use the kitchen.

They passed Skeppy and Bad who were visiting Sapnap, giving them some and they agreed, with Bad asking if the girls could do muffins next.

They had given Jack and Fundy some before they left to check on L'manburg. Wilbur and Tommy were happy to join them in giving away some of the cookies so they had joined the two girls and the toddlers in doing so.

Currently they watched as Shroud and Michale gave Ranboo and Tubbo some cookies. Wilbur glanced at Cersei. The two had this different trust towards each other. They trusted each other when it comes to planning, they had somewhat the same ideas and goals so they had this unspoken trust and bond.

"You doing okay?' he asked. Cersei shrugged, "It's a normal day." She answered. Wilbur turned to her and raised an eyebrow, "Sapnap almost hurt George yesterday." He pointed out. "That was out of my control." She fired back.

Wilbur turned to her and hummed, "Cersei, whatever your thinking you can tell me." he said. Cersei stayed silent and stared at him. "Do you not trust me?" he asked. Cersei snickered, "If I didn't I would have slit your throat already." She muttered.

This made Wilbur laugh, if it was the first few weeks of knowing this girl, he would have cringed or moved away but he got to know her more and he started to learn when she's joking or not.

Cersei hummed and smiled to herself when Michael walked up to her and asked to be carried. Wilbur watched with a smile, he could never understand what was going on inside her head when they weren't planning.

As much as he knew her body language and her thoughts and ideas when they plan, it was different when they would just hang out. No one really knew what could possibly be going on in her head, except for the other Nightmares and most recently Sapnap.

As they walked through the castle yards, Wilbur started to hum. Cersei snickered, "I didn't know you're a singer." She mumbled. Niki beamed and looked at them, "Oh Wil has the sweetest voice." She said.

Wilbur's cheeks heated up, a blush coming to his face. Cersei smirked, "Well, another day another thing I learn about you all." She said.

Michael asked to be down when they saw his uncles. Niki and Tommy followed him as Cersei and Wilbur stayed back. "Do you not like him anymore?" Wilbur asked.

Cersei sighed, she knew she won't be able to hide it from him, especially when he was starting to become good friends with the president.

"I'm trying to protect him." She muttered. Wilbur nodded, "Yeah, now that you say it, I understand." He said. She turned to him in shock, "You understand?" she asked shocked. Wilbur hummed and nodded.

"I get it. It's been so long since you had people with you." He said as they continued to look at each other. "I saw the fear in your eyes when you saw Tommy, when you were trapped in that stone cast and staring at Sapnap. You're scared Cersei-" "I'm not." She cut him off.

Wilbur let out a chuckle and raised an eyebrow at her, "It's not bad to be scared or feel fear because it shows you have emotion and it shows you're human. That's not wrong." He said.

Cersei stared at him as her shoulders sagged, "In my life it's wrong. You can't be scared or show weakness." She muttered. Wilbur smiled at her, "You're not living like that anymore. You have us." He said.

She sighed and looked away, Wilbur pursed his lips. He knew it would take more that him to convince her. He knew he needed to tell some people and he just knew exactly who.