chapter 30

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

After Techno was healed and Dream was laying on the ground with his head on George's lap as an ice pack was on his forehead, everyone was at the sitting room.

The others talking quietly as Techno explained to them how to kill the mobs. Wilbur walked in the room with Niki behind him. He walked to where his son laid, Cersei sitting on the ground her back on Fundy's bed. She didn't leave the boy not even to get stitched up, that was until Sapnap forced her to clean up.

That was why the raven haired boy was beside her. Wilbur smiled at them, "I hope you two like pistachios." He said as Niki checked on Fundy's bandages. Sapnap nodded in thanks and started eating.

Cersei looked at Wilbur, "Thank you." Wilbur said. She furrowed her eyebrows and he placed his hands in his pocket and looked at his son, "I have been a shitty father, and as much as I want to be the one to heal him or protect him I can't because I don't know shit. So thank you." He said.

She nodded, "Of course." She said. Wilbur sent her a smile before kissing Fundy's head and walking away. This left Sapnap and Cersei alone.

They watched as the others mingled. Sapnap's eyes landed on Quackity and Karl, his heart yearned but then ached again when Charlie bounded to them. The beanie wearing boy welcoming him with open arms as Karl giggled.

He snickered and looked away. Throwing the pistachio shells away, this made Cersei look away from Dream and George. She saw the same look that Sapnap wore when Karl arrived to check up on them from the creeper attack.

She nudged him as she looked away. He looked at her, watching her as her eyes moved to Dream and George, he gulped, "How do you do it?' he asked. Cersei shrugged, "At first I thought I wouldn't get used to seeing him with anyone else but when you really look into it, he's more happier than when he was with me." she started.

She opened some pistachios and pursed her lips, "And yeah when I first arrived it really fucking hurt because I think I still loved him but seeing him now I kind of realized I could never make him smile or laugh or make his eyes shine or make his face light up or any of that cliché shit because no matter how much me and him loved each other, what he has now is more than what we had." She said as she looked at Sapnap.

Cersei nodded and let out a breathy chuckle, "You can meet people and love them as much as you want but sometimes it just won't end well for you." She said. He nodded and glanced at the trio again, he frowned and Cersei caught it.

Looking where he was looking, she finally realized. He loved once before and he was hurt. "You know when we first met, when you threatened George I wanted to hurt you. Because I knew how important he was to Dream." He said.

She didn't say anything, she just listened, "But then I found out the truth and realized you were just hurt. Hurt because the person you love left you and chose someone else." He said.

Sapnap sighed and rubbed his eyes, "And I relate to that." He said looking back at her. She pursed her lips, "Me and Quackity and Karl were engaged you know." He said with a sad laugh.

Cersei's heart broke for him. "But because we were in different sides they kind of just left. I understood but then they met Charlie and they kind of chose him." He said as he pursed his lips. His eyebrows furrowed to each other and sighed.

"It sucks." He said as he looked at her. She nodded, "It does." She said as she looked down at her hands, "How depressing, two people who didn't get chosen by the people they love."

Sapnap nodded and looked at the ceiling and sighed. "Do you think someone would choose us?" he whispered. This made Cersei hug her knees, the longing in her chest to be loved and cared for like how Dream was to George or how Ranboo was to Tubbo.

She shut her eyes and laid her head on her knees, "Someday maybe. Someday someone will look at us the same way or maybe even more than how we look at them." She answered him.

He nodded, content with her answer. He looked at her, her eyes closed, her hair slightly covering her face. His mouth gaped and moved to tuck her hair behind her ear. She opened her eyes slowly, they stared at each other.

A different light, a different moment, a different feeling settled in their chest, a twist in their stomach and clouded minds. Two broken and left souls by the people who they thought loved them as much as they loved.

Sapnap's fingers trailed down to her cheek down to her jaw and then on the floor. A trail of warmth was left on her skin, it brought a shiver down her spine. A familiar and yet different feeling.

She was about to ask what he was doing to her. Why she worried, why she cared, why him but them they heard Fundy wake up. They turned to see the boy gaining consciousness.

Wilbur was first to run to the boy, the pair moving back and walked away slightly to give the others time to greet the boy.

They stood behind the group as they tearfully huddled over Fundy. The father tearful and emotional as he hugged his son. Cersei watched silently, a sudden coldness wrapped around her. She glared at the open window where she knew it was Techno who left it open.

She was about to stomp there when her blue cloak was wrapped around her. Turning to the side she saw Sapnap fix her cloak and smile at her. She nodded and he hummed before walking to the fireplace and fix the fire.

Cersei leaned on the pillar and watched as Sapnap fixed the fire. Her chest warm with a feeling she felt before but it felt different at the same time but nonetheless whatever it was, despite her fear, she didn't want it to go.