chapter 37

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

The Dream Team was at their place for the first time in a while. It took a while for the Nightmares to agree for all of them to go back to their own places.

The L'manburgians were back in L'manburg, Techno and Cersei with the Beloveds and Phil were in Snowchester while Eret was accompanied by Bad and Skeppy in his castle. Because of this Dream had brought George and Sapnap back to their home.

The moment they entered, they realized how the silence was defeaning. They weren't used to live alone. They didn't expect to get used with them. Not in a million years did George expect that he would enjoy the company of Quackity and Karl and even Wilbur and Tommy. Dream didn't expect to enjoy the time he spent with the Beloveds, Tommy and Wilbur. He didn't expect that he missed his best friends that much, those days of planning and sleepless nights with Techno and Cersei brought him back years.

Sapnap seemed to have it hard. He didn't want to leave or for anyone to go their separate ways. The moment he had heard of the plan of this, he stuck to Cersei's side. No matter where she went, even if she was with Niki or with Wilbur or the teens and the kids, or planning with the Nightmares, even when she was with Quackity and Karl, Sapnap could be seen beside her.

From the moment the sun rose 'till it set, Sapnap was there by her side. This had brought questions from everyone but no one dared to ask.

It seems that the only people that the two trusted to become themselves were when they were with Niki, Jack or Fundy. The three were the only ones that had seen the pair let their guard down.

This didn't sit well with both Technoblade and Dream. They despised the idea that their best friends were not comfortable enough to show them how they were towards each other.

That was why when Sapnap was about to go to his room Dream stopped him. "Sap." He said. George smirked at the tone of his voice. It was given that everyone was feeling weird on how Sapnap and Cersei were acting.

George walked to their kitchen to get some drinks as Sapnap turned and sent Dream a look. "Yes Dream?" he asked with a sigh. Dream raised an eyebrow at him, "I wanted to talk to you." He said.

Sapnap hummed and crossed his arms, "Is it really urgent? I'm kinda tired." He said. This made Dream raise his eyebrows, "Tired? What can possibly make you tired Sapnap? You didn't patrol last night." He said.

George snickered as he walked back to where the two were. "Yeah Sapnap. What's gotten you tired? Unless you sneaked out last night-" "What?" Dream cut him off. Sapnap glared at a smirking George.

He looked at Dream, the blonde was upset, worried why he would do that. "You do know how irresponsible and unsafe that was." He said as he crossed his arms. Sapnap rolled his eyes, "I know." He said.

"Then why did you still do it?" Dream asked. George was about to tease him but Dream sent him a look. The mushroom boy smirked at him which made Sapnap to roll his eyes. "Do not roll your eyes at me Sapap-" "Why do you even want to know? Dream you never cared about something like this before." He argued.

Dream let out a scoff, something that sounded genuine which was what not part of the "know if Sapnap and Cersei are dating" they planned with Techno and Wilbur.

"Why? Maybe because we are facing a whole lot of enemies coming after us." Dream said as he glared at him. "Sapnap." George finally spoke making the two for them turn to him. "Just tell us where've you been and we'll lay off." He said.

Sapnap gulped and glanced between the two of them. Dream sighed, "Look I'm sorry for yelling but we're just worried. What have you been doing?" he asked.

From the way Dream was looking at him Sapnap knew he can't exactly steer away from the situation anymore. So he sighed and looked straight in his friend's eyes. "I went out last night because I met up with Cersei." He said with a straight face.

Geroge pursed his lips and and Dream nodded. He uncrossed his arms and sighed, "That wasn't hard was it?" he asked. Sapnap shrugged, "It was if you look at it." he mumbled. "How so?" Dream asked him with a raised eyebrow.

Sapnap scoffed, "First of all, do you know how hard to keep this in the down low because she wanted to? And second, how about you try telling your best friend that you like their ex-" "Who." George cut him off. His eyes wide as he looked at Dream for confirmation if he heard it right. "What?" Sapnap asked.

Dream snickered, "There's something going on with you and C?" he asked. Sapnap shook his head, "I didn't say that-" "Then why are you laying it low?" George asked. Sapnap furrowed his eyebrows, "Because..." he trailed but stopped shen he can't think of an actual reason.

The green hoodie wearing blonde smirked, "And did you just say you like Cersei?" he asked. Sapnap's cheeks reddened and he shook his head multiple times. George laughed and clapped, "You like Cersei!" he yelled. "No! I don't." he said. Dream hummed, "So you don't like Cersei? Why?" he asked.

Sapnap stopped, "No I meant-" "Just tell me Sapnap. Are you dating my best friend?" Dream cut him off. The two boys stared at each other and Sapnap sighed, clearly defeated. "Yes, I like Cersei-" George cheered and jumped around as Dream smiled.

"That was all I wanted to hear." Dream said. Sapnap huffed and plopped on the couch. Dream sat next to him as George continued to cheer, "What are you so worried about?" he asked. Sapnap turned to look at him and sent him a knowing look.

Dream scoffed, "If you're scared that she doesn't like you back, believe me she does." He said. Sapnap snickered, "How the hell do you know that?' he asked. Dream smirked at him, "Because if she didn't, she would have cut off your arm the moment you laid a hand on her."