Chapter 4

You had that dream again. But it felt like more of a memory than a dream. It had always been the same sequence, the same place, the same people, him in particular. But just like most people's dreams, you forget it once you wake up.

And for every night you had that dream, whenever you wake up, you would be crying. That's why you knew it was that dream again, because when you woke up that morning you felt the tears soaking your temple.

You ignored it, like you usually do, and went on to start your day.

"I'm telling you he's really good-looking," your colleague said while you two are having lunch break from work at a cafe nearby. "Hey Y/n, are you listening?"

You tore your gaze from the window to look at her. She isn't exactly your friend, but of all your co-workers she's the most tolerable. Although there were times when she pisses you off more than she would have intended to, like now for example.

"Are you trying to hook me up again?"

"Y/n, we're not getting any younger. And going out with someone isn't that bad you know."

You really have no interest in that aspect. Going out, doing what couples do, you can't imagine yourself doing that. Even when you are now just a regular rank and file employee, your notoriety as the vixen of the Underground ward eight years ago can't exactly be erased. Though you did alter the memories of those who knew you from your days in the Underground, just so you could get a fresh start here.