Chapter 38

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You and Hawks listened as Keishi told what happened. He said he left to go to the restroom but when he came back, Keita was already having an asthma attack. He didn't see what really transpired, it was the girl, Akari, who told Keishi all about it.

She saw how those kids took the coloring book and they started playing catch with it as Keita tried to take it back from them. They ran and Keita chased them around the field. It triggered a severe asthma attack until he was close to passing out.

The more you listen to what Keishi is saying, the more the fear from earlier starts to get replaced by annoyance and anger.

"Why were there no teachers outside?" you asked. "Why were they not looking after the kids? What were those teachers even doing during the time when kids are outside the classroom?"

Keishi who told you and Hawks everything he knew about the incident looked at you before he scooted closer to Hawks when he saw your glare. You weren't really glaring at anyone in particular, but Keishi could feel the anger seeping from you, it's making his little wings tingle in a not-so-good way.

"Papa..." he muttered. "Mama's being scary."

"Mama has all the right to be scary," Hawks said, although he's good at masking his anger, unlike you. "Papa's angry too."

"Me too!" Keishi said, straightening up. "That kid needs a beating."

"Yeah," you said, looking at Keishi. "That kid really needs a beating. For the pain he caused Keita. I won't forgive—"

"Y/n," Hawks called before you could continue and you looked at him.

"What?"

"Did the doctor already talk to you?"

You blinked, your anger slowly dissipating while Keishi moved to sit on the chair beside Keita's bed and watched his twin brother sleeping soundly.

"Oh, yeah he did," you said, averting your gaze to look at Keita. "He said he's no longer in critical condition. But he needs to stay here for the night. So, I'll–"

"I'll stay here," Hawks said before you could say that you'll stay. You looked back at him. "You should go home with Keishi and get some rest."

"You just got back from work. Shouldn't you be the one getting some rest?"

Hawks smiled at you before his hand found the side of your face again and caressed your cheek, his thumb rubbing the skin under your eye to wipe the unshed tear.