Chapter 42

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Hawks got to the HQ faster than he usually did. He wanted to get it over with so he could come back to you and the twins.

Once he's inside the Conference Room, he saw the higher-ups, and Hawks had a foreboding feeling.

He wonders if they're going to give him a new mission. The last time they gathered like this, Hawks was given a mission to spy on the League.

"Take a seat, Hawks," one of them said and Hawks unconsciously let out a sigh of relief.

He sat down and waited for them to start, whatever it is they wanted to tell him.

"So, how's your family?"

It wasn't what Hawks expected at all. Not that the Commission couldn't care less about his family. But they rarely ever ask him about it.

"They're...fine," Hawks said slowly, and for some reason, he couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't right.

"We heard your twins started grade school."

Hawks is starting to really feel something's wrong and his expression slowly darkened. Their next statement almost made it clear.

"Have you found their mother?"

Hawks didn't really need to report his personal life to these people. But like before, they wanted to know who he's settling with, who he's marrying, who is the mother of his twins, like they're his parents for Hawks to tell them those things.

Hawks didn't know if answering honestly is the right thing, or keeping quiet is.

"Yeah," he said, opting for the former instead of the latter before he broke into a smile. "Surely you all didn't call me here just to ask me that."

"No. We called you here to show you this."

Hawks averted his gaze to the screen in front before a video was played. It was a video of the incident yesterday at the Principal's office. And Hawks' heartbeat picked up when he heard what you said in the video.

"What if I mess with your son's memories to the point that he'll have to be sent to an asylum and I tell you I was just playing? My quirk can do a lot of scary things, boy. One look and say bye bye to your sanity."

The video was cut off after that and Hawks let out a shaky breath.

"How did..." he started but he couldn't form a proper question as he looked at the people in front.