Epilogue

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The twins were alright. When you were taken by those men, Pro Heroes were patrolling and they took the twins.

Instead of taking you to the Hospital, Hawks headed back to his house and called someone he can trust, because at this point he didn't know who else to trust anymore. The Commission he had dedicated the majority of his life to had betrayed him right in front of his eyes.

Or at least, one of the higher-ups he had known for decades.

"She'll be fine," Aizawa said, his voice languid as always. "She's not hurt, at least."

"What was it? They shot her with something, what was it?"

You were lying on the bed, still unconscious. And Hawks didn't leave your side.

"Quirk-destroying bullet."

Hawks held your hand tighter.

"In other words, they erased her quirk." Aizawa didn't know if those people did you a favor or not, because your quirk is something that shouldn't be exploited. "It's been so long I thought they had gotten rid of it. Looks like there are people in the Commission doing some shady business in the Underground."

"That's why they want to silence her," Hawks muttered. Everything made sense now, he thought to himself.

"Anyway, once she wakes up, tell her what I told you. Then ask her if she wants her quirk back."

Aizawa turned around, ready to leave when he suddenly heard your voice.

"No..." you muttered.

"Y/n," Hawks called.

"Don't bother. I don't need it back."

Aizawa stopped before he turned around. "Well, it's your call. I'll be leaving now."

Once Aizawa left, you sat up and looked at Hawks. He looks exhausted, you can see it in his eyes. With everything that happened recently, it's no surprise even the No. 2 can look so tired like this, mostly mentally.

"Are you sure you don't want your quirk back?" Hawks asked and you squeezed his hand.

"I'm sure," you said. "I don't want to alter memories anymore."

What Hawks said earlier lingered in your mind. Even you had almost believed the man when he asked Hawks how sure he was that you didn't alter his own memories. Even you started doubting yourself, that maybe somewhere down the line, you had actually altered his memories only to eventually fall in love with him.