Chapter 34

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You were walking downstairs and to the living room when you noticed Hawks in the kitchen. You briefly looked at the time to see that it's already three in the afternoon, but it's only three in the afternoon so you wonder why he's already making dinner.

"What are you doing?" you asked, walking up to him.

"Snacks," he answered, making the sauce for the sandwich.

"For the twins? Do you always do this?"

"Yep," Hawks said while you sat on the stool across from him. "After a long day at school studying and playing, they need to fill their little tummies with food."

You hummed, putting your elbow on the kitchen island while you popped your chin on your palm, just watching Hawks make what seemed like a very appetizing sandwich while wearing an apron.

Aimlessly, you found yourself mumbling. "Then, when you're out doing your Pro Hero duty, I need to make the twins their snacks."

Hawks stopped for a moment to look at you, only to see that you're mumbling to yourself but he can still hear what you're saying as you continue.

"Ah, I need to go over my notes for snack ideas."

When you blinked and averted your gaze up, you found Hawks staring at you with a smile on his face and you straightened up.

"What?" you asked while Hawks kept smiling as he went over to you. You turned around, your back against the edge of the kitchen island as Hawks stopped in front of you.

"Nothing," he said. "I was just thinking how lucky I am that I found you."

He put both his hands on the edge of the kitchen island, beside you, caging you in as he leaned closer and you can see the genuinity in those golden eyes of his.

"How lucky I am that you're my sons' mother. How lucky I am that you came back." Even though you still don't remember, it really matters less to Hawks now. Because what matters to him more is the fact that you're here. "How lucky I am that we're a complete family."

For a moment, you were so lost in the sincerity spiraling in those eyes of his that reminded you of the golden hour during dusk. And before you knew it, you had put your arms on his shoulders, pulling him closer.

"It seems you're one lucky man," you said before you parted your lips and sealed his lips with yours as you tilted your head to the side, feeling Hawks kiss back as you pulled him closer.

You didn't want to lean back, and neither did Hawks. But when you started feeling out of breath, you were the one who leaned back first.

"We should probably stop," you said, your face flushed from the kiss as you averted your gaze to look at the digital clock placed on the side. "The twins will be here in fifteen minutes."

"Right," Hawks said, taking a step back before he continued. "We do need more than fifteen minutes."

You put your hand on his chest, pushing him back a bit before you stepped down from the stool and started to walk around the kitchen island, Hawks following behind.