Chapter 27

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You wonder if it would be cheesy enough to say that last night felt like a dream. You would have actually thought it was not real if not for the glass pendant you're still wearing when you woke up that morning.

When you turned around, you half expected Hawks to still be sleeping beside you, but his space was already empty and you found yourself putting your hand on the spot of the bed where he slept on, feeling that it's still a bit warm so you realized it hasn't been that long since he got up.

You decided to get up as well before stopping in front of the full body mirror and your eyes landed on the pendant. You touched the glass and then found yourself smiling.

"It's really pretty," you said, taking it off before looking at the window where the drapes are half drawn. You stepped towards it, where the sunlight seeped through the window, you lifted the pendant and the sunlight reflected on the glass, making it look like a diamond with a ruby feather.

"That guy really knows how to flutter his woman."

You closed your eyes when your mind suddenly played a voice in your head from the suppressed memories you had altered. It was your voice saying the same thing. 'You really do know how to flutter your woman.'

Your eyes remained close, racking your brain to see more into that memory. It was a few years ago, even before you married him. It was when you were still in the Underground and you had made it clear for the very first time that you are his woman.

You wanted to remember more, if you could actually remember, when you suddenly heard a knock on the door and you opened your eyes, turning around just as the door slowly opened and you expected Hawks to walk inside.

But instead, it's the mini version of him.

"Mama, are you up?" Keita said in a careful tone, as if he doesn't want to wake you up if you were still sleeping.

You put the pendant on the vanity table before walking up to the little boy who finally saw you and his face lit up with a smile.

"Mama, good morning!"

"Good morning," you greeted back with a smile.

"Papa said breakfast is ready."

You took Keita's hand as you two headed downstairs while the little boy decided to tell you why he was the one who went to get you. Apparently Hawks told them to tell you that breakfast is ready, but Keita and Keishi started to squabble on who will come to the room. They ended up doing rock-paper-scissors and Keita won.

"Now Shi-chan is helping papa in the kitchen. He was really grumpy when he lost."

"Has he ever lost before?" you asked out of curiosity, because you couldn't help but notice how between the twins, Keishi seems to always be the one leading while Keita only follows his lead, sometimes even unsure of what to do until Keishi does it himself.

"No?" Keita said, but the word sounded more of a question than an answer. "I always let Shi-chan win because he gets grumpy when he loses. He doesn't like losing, even to papa."