Chapter 22

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Never once in your life did you ever think about doing this kind of thing. Maybe before you altered your memories, you did think about doing this, and maybe that's why it now felt natural to you.

"Nope," you muttered, scrolling down your laptop. "It's no good. Why is the tuition so high when the reviews are so low?"

Since Hawks told you about the kids turning six and that they will be starting grade school this year, you asked Hawks if he already has a specific school in mind to enroll the twins to. But he said no, so you decided to ask him if you could look for a school.

But before you could ask, Hawks told you that you should look for the best school that would pass your standard for the twins, since you are their mother.

And now, you found yourself on your fifth, or seventh, school hunt. There were quite a lot of grade schools around the Greater Tokyo Area. Hawks said money wouldn't be a problem as long as the facilities are good, the teachers and of course the students.

"No, the cafeteria food in this school is unhealthy," you muttered. "But then again, I could make lunch for them."

But then again, you thought in your head, Hawks will be paying for their lunch as part of the tuition and there will be days when you would be too busy to make them lunch. You aren't exactly a morning person so waking up extra early to pack lunch was not really your cup of tea. You could try, but not all the time you'd wake up not feeling grumpy enough to make bento.

Besides, it's not like the kids wouldn't want to eat in the cafeteria, you can't monitor them while they're in school. And you're still learning to become a mother, what if your bento doesn't suit their palate?

You shook your head, moving on to the next school as you outstretched your legs on the couch and your arms up, hearing a satisfying popping sound of your bones before you let out a yawn.

"Just one more school," you muttered.

You clicked on the school and read the description first. You look at the pictures of the buildings, the facilities. There is a gymnasium, an indoor pool. "Wouldn't that be dangerous?" you muttered before looking at the other pictures of the school yard, the classrooms, the cafeteria.

And then the faculty members, the 1st grade homeroom teachers who look kind enough. The tuition isn't that expensive unlike the other ones you've checked and it's near the house.

"This one's good enough," you said before moving on to read the reviews which are mostly positive, earning the school a 4.9.

"Looks like someone's working extra hard," Hawks said, whom you didn't notice was already behind you as he put his hands on your shoulders and gave it a squeeze, making you lean back on his arm as you closed your eyes.

"There," you muttered, letting out a sigh as Hawks put more pressure on your shoulders. "Yes, right there..."

But suddenly he stopped and you opened your eyes, looking at him while he stood there with his hands up.

"Why did you stop?" you asked.

"You were feeling good."

"I was," you said. "So why did you stop?"