Chapter 19

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You thought you had a dream, hearing the familiar voice of Hawks saying those words, that he'll stay with you. But what you initially thought was a dream had turned out to be real as the moment you woke up that morning, what greeted you was his bedroom wall.

And then you felt an arm around your waist and your back pressing on his chest as you lay there in his bed, his vermilion wings providing a comforting warmth. For some reason though, you didn't freak out the moment you realized in what position you're in, considering that a month and a half ago you were living the life of a single woman independently living on her own.

You held Hawks' arm and slowly put it on his side before you moved and sat up as quietly as you could. But Hawks started to stir from his sleep, his hand on the side of the bed before he opened his eyes and realized the spot where you were lying down is now empty before he looked up and saw you.

"Oh, you're already up," he muttered, voice still drowsy from sleep before he smiled lazily. "Good morning."

He rolled on his stomach before he sat up, his hair that you only noticed now was rather long, look messy yet it suits him somehow.

"Hey, Hawks," you called, voice a little low and silent and when he looked at you, you had averted your gaze down. "How did I normally greet you every morning back then?"

The lazy smile he has is slowly getting wider when you look back at him and you start to feel a sort of warmth on your cheeks.

"Please don't tell me I used to greet you good morning in the cheesiest way."

"I wish you did," Hawks said, chuckling lightly. "But you weren't an expressive person."

So you've been told by a lot of people. That you weren't expressive, but you can't just change the way you are and adjust to other people's convenience.

"Though your subtle ways of showing affection were enough for me."

Those words made you look at Hawks as he climbed down the bed and stood in front of you. Perhaps because you were looking at his face, his messy bedhead was so tempting to brush back, that you didn't notice him lifting his hand and instead of you brushing his hair, he was brushing a strand of your hair behind your ear.

Hawks lowered his hand when you lifted your own hand to your hair before you cleared your throat, turning around as you walked to the door. But before you can turn the knob, you stopped, and without turning back to him you spoke.

"Last night you said I'm supposed to be sleeping in your room since we're technically–" you trailed off, before quickly continuing. "What I'm trying to say is, I'm no longer against the idea of sharing a bedroom with you and that it'd be fine–"

This time, you were cut off when you felt two strong arms around you, making you stiffened for a second before you relaxed in his embrace. You wouldn't have been surprised if Hawks practically flew his way up to you the moment he heard what you said.

You two stood there, near the door, and you let him hold you like that for as long as he pleases. Until Hawks finally let go of you and you turned your head to look at him.