Chapter 26

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

While in the shower, you had a bit of an alone time to recollect your thoughts. It felt like a lot of things happened in a span of a few hours. You came out to get the twins' birthday cake and then came across those guys who had the audacity to ruin the cake. You don't want to think about that incident anymore because you don't want to ruin the remaining hours of the day.

Today's the twins' birthday, you reminded yourself. The day when you gave birth to them.

Even though you don't particularly remember it, you realized that it was this very day, for the past few years, when you'd feel like it was an important day. A year ago you would have brushed the odd feeling away. Why do you feel like it was a special day when it wasn't a national holiday, or anything in particular.

Now you know why you'd feel like this. Because it was a very significant day.

You found yourself putting your hands on the scar left on your stomach. The scar you remembered was from an operation. Yet that memory doesn't feel right anymore.

"This was the proof I gave birth to them," you said, closing your eyes before realizing that you must have been in the shower for a while now and decided to step outside the bathroom before Hawks came barging in.

You wore a dress, you don't often wear dresses but for this occasion you thought it would be better if you wore one.

"You're already done." Hawks walked inside the room and you averted your eyes to look at him from the vanity mirror.

He's wearing something formal as well which suits him as much as his casual choice of clothes suit him every day.

"Almost," you said. "Let me just dry my hair."

You took the hair dryer but you felt Hawks' hand on top of yours. "I'll do it."

You didn't argue as you just let go of the hair dryer and Hawks smiled. You watched him in the mirror and waited for him to start.

"Hey, are you sure you can do it?" you asked, your eyebrow raised in question.

"Of course," he said, but he's not looking at you but at the hair dryer as if he's figuring out how to even start the device.

"Have you never done it to yourself? Your hair's quite long."

"As you can see," Hawks said, looking back at you, a playful smirk on his lips. "I just fly around the yard to dry my hair with the natural breeze of air."

You took the hair dryer from his hand, not amused at his little joke.

"I'll do it myself. What about the twins?"

"They're still sleeping," Hawks answered, looking at how you turned the hair dryer on and used it, as though he's diligently taking notes and you shook your head.

"If they continue to sleep at this rate, they won't be able to go to bed early tonight."

"Is there a reason why they have to go to bed early tonight?" Hawks asked and you turned off the hair dryer to look at him in the mirror. He's still standing behind you, now with a mischievous smile dancing on his lips.