Chapter 17

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's been a whole month since you accepted the fact that you have a husband and children, that your memories of them were altered somehow for some reason you still couldn't remember. It's been a few days since you received the notes on motherhood from the twins' sitter, Ms. Rin, and you've been reading them every day.

You told her once that she should have it published, since the notes were written so well. You would be lying if you say they didn't help you with dealing with the twins. Reading her notes felt like talking to a friend who is giving advice on how to raise kids.

You were learning, and you were happy about it, as days passed you also got to learn things about the twins, how little those things were. It's been a whole week but that one peaceful afternoon was momentarily shattered when you received a call from work.

"Hello?"

"Oh my God Y/n!" the voice of your co-worker came from the other end of the line. "Where were you?! God it's been a month, did you just suddenly decide to use up all your leave and go on vacation for a whole month?"

"No," you said simply, looking down at your laptop. "I resigned."

"You what?!"

You didn't even know why she was acting so surprised when you two aren't even that close, or at least she thought you were, but you really don't.

"But why would you resign all of a sudden?"

"Some things happened," you said. "I also moved out of my old apartment." Although you didn't know why you bothered to tell her that, not that she needs to know. But maybe because she's the only one who actually bothered to give you a call after you didn't show up to work for a month and that she sounded worried, you thought she should at least know that you moved out.

"You moved out?"

"Look, I'm fine and all so you don't need to–" you were cut off when the door opened and Hawks poke his head in the ajar door.

"Dinner's ready," he said before quickly adding, "Oh, are you busy?"

You slightly put your phone down on your shoulder and shook your head. "Not really, I'll come down in a sec."

Hawks nodded and closed the door silently before you turned back and put your phone next to your ear.

"Y/n, did I just hear someone?" your former co-worker asked and you could almost hear her squinting suspiciously. "Were you talking to a guy?"

"Yes," you said, letting out a sigh.

"You resigned from work, moved out of your apartment and there was a guy talking to you earlier." You fought the urge to roll your eyes, knowing how she's putting those pieces together and arriving at a conclusion. "Don't tell me you got yourself a boyfriend?"

You had almost said no, because you got yourself a husband and two kids. But before you can say anything, you heard her speaking again.

"The guy who spoke," she said. "Is it just me or did he sound exactly like Haw–"