Chapter 37

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You had never felt this amount of panic before. In fact, it was closer to fear, you have never been this scared before. You don't remember being scared for your own life before, this was the kind of fear that was familiar to you yet you couldn't remember when you felt this kind of fear in the past.

The fear of losing someone so important to you. You don't want to think of the worst, the school said it was an asthma attack but why does he have to be sent to a University Hospital if it's not severe?

You couldn't think of anything else as you rushed to the hospital. You didn't even think of calling Hawks, you were just so focused on finally seeing the twins and when you finally saw Keishi, you felt a sense of relief, but only for a moment.

And when the doctor came out to talk to you, the fear came back before he started to speak.

"He's passed the critical stage."

When you heard the doctor say those words, you felt like all the worry that had been surrounding you earlier vanished at once and you fell down on the chair. But he wasn't done talking as you looked up at him.

"But he needs to stay here for the night, his condition still needs to be monitored. Do you know what triggered his asthma attack?"

You slowly shook your head before your gaze fell down.

"He was at school..." you muttered. You didn't have the chance to talk to the teacher, you honestly didn't know what to do. The teacher left with the girl who was with Keishi earlier.

"He must have been running around playing with other kids," the doctor said before Keishi suddenly spoke.

"No," the little boy said. "It didn't look like it."

"Keishi," you called, looking at him before you shook your head. You'll have time to talk to him later, but not now, you thought, as you looked back at the doctor.

"His asthma attack can be triggered by emotional and physical stress. Whatever happened, the trigger this time was quite severe, that's why he passed out."

"I...see," you muttered slowly. "Thank you, doctor."

"Then, I'll be taking my leave."

You inclined your head before the doctor took his leave and you stood up, holding Keishi's hand. "Let's go see your brother."

You two headed inside the hospital room where you saw Keita sleeping soundly on the bed. Seeing him like this made your chest tightened and you started feeling something familiar again but you couldn't quite recall when you've felt this before.

Or maybe it was a natural instinct, as a mother, you would naturally feel like this when your child's life was threatened. It was only a natural instinct to feel like this.

"Mama, your hand is cold," Keishi said and you looked at him, letting go of his hand before you cupped his face. "Were you scared, mama?"

You nodded, your hand falling to your side as it slid from its hold around Keishi's small hand. You were so scared earlier you didn't know what else to do except to rush over at the hospital. You didn't even bring your phone with you which you just remembered now.