Chapter 41

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You and Hawks waited outside until the twins came out with their things and you all headed to the car. The car ride is engulfed in the twins chattering in the back seat, their voices providing you a sense of comfort that calms your raging anger.

They were talking about trivial matters, which is a lot better than them being quiet. Their laughter filled the car and you found yourself smiling and forgetting about the incident earlier.

"It's almost lunch," you said, looking at the time. "Do you guys want to eat outside? Or at home?"

You looked behind at the twins, looking back and forth from Keita and Keishi who tilted their heads in thought until Hawks spoke.

"Why don't we order a take-out and eat it at home?"

You looked at him and he smiled at you, but you noticed that his smile is a bit different, like it was a bit forced. You wonder if he's still thinking about what those people said earlier. If it still bothers him. You found yourself putting a hand atop his hand that was resting on the side and squeezed it.

"Sure, let's do that," you said, looking back at the twins. "What do you guys want to order?"

"Chicken!" Keishi yelled.

"Pork tonka—" Keita stopped before he looked at his brother and also yelled, "Chicken!"

"Why don't we get both?" you said and you saw how Keita smiled brightly. "Did you know, mama likes pork tonkatsu."

"Really?! Me too, mama!" Keita said.

"Papa likes chicken, and I like chicken too," Keishi said before he laughed. "Ta-chan, we both got mama and papa's favorites."

You stopped at a drive-thru and ordered chicken and pork tonkatsu before heading back home. The twins were so preoccupied with eating their favorite food for lunch that they must have already forgotten about what happened earlier.

Until Keita spoke. "Are we transferring schools?" he asked, voice laced with innocence.

You looked at Hawks who stopped for a second before he leaned forward, looking at the twins. "Do you want to?"

"Well..." Keita muttered, trailing off before he looked down. He must have felt like he's the reason why they needed to transfer. But before you could say anything, Keishi suddenly spoke.

"Let's transfer to another school, Ta-chan," he said, looking at Keita before he grinned. "It doesn't matter if it's a mediocre school, as long as there aren't any bullies."