Chapter 33

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑯𝑨𝑾𝑲𝑺
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The twins concluded that you and Hawks had lots of fun like they did at school that was why you were asleep when they got back home. And they further concluded that the fun you two had was the physical exercise Hawks told them yesterday.

"I can't just tell them what we really did, you know," Hawks said while he was cleaning the table and you sat there.

"So you really had to say physical exercise?"

"I didn't have any other excuse right off the bat."

After breakfast, the twins had gone upstairs to get their things for school. You shook your head after hearing what Hawks said before you looked at the time.

"I'll go check on the twins. It's almost time for their school bus to arrive."

You stood up, taking your now empty mug and putting it on the sink before you left and went upstairs. You noticed the door to the twins' room is left slightly ajar as you made your way to their room. You opened the door more before you leaned your shoulder on the doorframe, watching as the twins put their bags around their shoulders.

"Did you two check your school stuff?" you asked, pushing yourself off the doorframe.

"Mama!" Keita said as he ran up to you and gave you a hug. "The pancakes and waffles are so delicious."

"Yes!" Keishi said, running up to you as well. "They're so much better than the ones papa used to make."

You hummed in response as Keita leaned back before he spoke. "Oh, our school stuff."

"What about them?" Keishi asked.

"Mama asked if we checked our school stuff," Keita said before he turned to Keishi. "Shi-chan, turn around. I'll check yours, then you'll check mine."

You watched as Keishi turned around and Keita opened his twin brother's school bag as he looked inside to check if he had everything. Books, pencils, notebooks and whatever it is they bring to school, you thought. Then after Keita checked, he turned around and let his twin brother check his bag as well.

You were going to check their bags but seeing them doing this is much better as you felt the upturn of the side of your lips into a smile.

"You two really have each other's backs, huh," you muttered before the twins looked at you.

"Did mama say something?" Keita asked, tilting his head to the side.

You shook your head before lifting your hands towards them. "Let's go downstairs."

They held your hands as they walked on either side of you. Once you three are downstairs, Hawks is already in the living room.

"Ah, my grade school boys are ready to go to school," he said before you let go of their hands, sitting on the couch beside Hawks as the twins stood in front of you.

"Alright, listen carefully," you said, propping your elbows on your knees as you leaned forward as the twins took a step closer to you and from the corner of your eyes you can see Hawks moving closer to you as well. "Today's hero mission."