Chapter 3 - Pain

"Bhabhi", Sidharth whispered patting her cheeks, his voice quivering as he tried to wake her up.

"Sana beta uth", Mr. Agrawal called as he sprinkled water over his daughter's face wanting her to wake up and to his relief she did opened her eyes slowly.

"Beta thik hein tu", Mr. Agrawal asked pulling his daughter to his chest but she didn't replied.

"You were supposed to pay the tribute please carry on", she mumbled in a deadpan tone before getting up.

"Let's get done with this", she spoke as if she was talking about a business meeting.

"Baby come here", Sana called to her child who had his face shoved into Sidharth's chest.

Sidharth handed over the little boy to his mother before stepping away suddenly feeling like a total outsider.
Sana held her child tightly in her arms before they walked to the coffin of her husband's name and the pm presented it with a white flower along with a silent prayer asking peace for the lost soul. All the while, Sana stood still like a dead person.

"Maa yaha dad ki photo pe haar kyu chadhaya hein", Aaru asked who has opened his eyes again just now.

"Sidharth", Sana called.

"Isse samjha dijiye please i can't", she mumbled pleadingly and he silently obliged.

The funeral ceremony ended soon after that with the different sounds of crying hauling all around. They left shortly after that. Mr. Agrawal was in a constant state of worry as he gazed at his daughter sitting there motionless near the window. She haven't shed a single tear nor do she let that pain out and being a father it was worrying him to death.

"Pata nahi kya hoga meri bachi ka", Mr. Agrawal mumbled to himself.

"Honsla rakho", Mr. Hooda Said his own voice coming out weak.

The man himself, Mr. Jamshed Hooda is a man of power being the sarpanch of his village and the audha of being the eldest had always made him act stronger but today, he was broken. Looking at the picture of your son covered with a garland isn't an easy job to do.

"Aap thik hein", Mr. Agrawal asked and Mr. Hooda literally broke down at the backseat of the car.

"Papa", Sidharth mumbled placing a hand over his father's shoulder who was crying like a little child.

"Hamara Pradeep chala gaya Sidharth mera bacha", Mr. Hooda cried.

"Humein strong banna hein papa, varna bhabhi aur ise kon sambhalega", Sidharth said pointing towards Aaru and Mr. Hooda suddenly wanting to gain his composure back.

"Mein janta hoon beta magar aise lag raha hein jaise kaleja phat jaega mera Pradeep humein chodh ke apni maa ke paas chala gaya Sidharth hum akele reh gaye", Mr. Hooda said taking deep breath.

"Hamara dukh inn logo se bada nahi ho sakta papa aur humein inki taraf dekhna hein", he wisley spoke.

"Mujhe toh bhabhi ki fikar ho rahi hein", Sidharth spoke.

"Mujhe bhi", both the fathers said simultaneously.

"We need to take care of them", Sidharth said and the other two agreed.

*****

As they reached their village home they were greeted by a lane of people sitting in the varanda some crying and some silent for "shok". Mr. Hooda walked to his daughter in law and put his hand at her head gaining her attention.

"Sana", Mr. Hooda spoke and stopped abruptly.

Just how cruel God could be. In one moment, he made his whole family crumble to ashes. He, the man of Power who is the sarpanch of his village, causes truce among people couldn't fanthom a few words to say to his own daughter in law, the one whom he consider nothing less than his daughter. But as he replayed Sidharth's words in his head, he composed himself finding his voice back, he spoke.

"Sana bache tum kamre mein jao Aaru ko leke hum log hein idhar", Mr. Hooda said to his lifeless daughter in law and she just nodded at him before walking away and he sighed at himself, this wasn't what he was actually supposed to say.

She didn't take her son with him, she just walked away directly to the room in which she had celebrated her first ever night with her husband as they had lived here in the beginning. She gazed at the room which had all the photo frames of them starting from the wedding photograph, when she was pregnant and then her holding the baby for the first time and him joining the moment at video call. She grabbed the one in which he was posing as say cheese while all decked up in his uniform.

"Jhooth bol rahe hein na sab mein janti hoon aap kahi nahi gaye", Sana whispered tracing her hand over the photo frame.

"Apko pata hein mein rohyi bhi nahi mujhe pata hein aap prank kar rahe ho hamare sath", she confidently spoke.

"Aur apko pata hein yaha pe sab apke iss nakli drame ke jhanse mein bhi aa gaye", she spoke to the photo frame before laughing out aloud like a mad woman.

Sidharth who was walking in the doorways looking for her to hand over Aaru, heared the loud noises of laughing. His feet took him to the source only to find her laughing hysterically while gazing at the picture. He quickly walked ahead to another room and placed Aaru at the bed before locking the door and walking back to the room where he has seen her.

"Bhabhi", he cautiously called.

"Sidharth dekhiye naa Inhone kitna acha prank kiya hein sab ke sab log mann gaye dekhiye even apko bhi fasa liya iss baar toh", she said laughingly.

"Bhabhi please aise mat karo", he pleaded.

"Kaise nahi karu", she frowned.

"Bhabhi, bhai idhar please", he sighed closing his eyes.

"Haan bhai tumhare aayenge dekhna unhone aaj bola tha ki anniversary sath celebrate karenge bas ek mahine ka aur intezaar hein", she said smilingly.

"Bhai maar gaye hein bhabhi, bhai maar gaye", he spoke before letting the tears flew down his face and he was snapped out of his pain when he felt a grip on his collar.

"Apki himmat kaise hui aise bolne ki haan", she yelled holding his collar furiously.

"Please Yeh mat kijiye apke liye Pehle hi Yeh sab bahut mushkil hein", he pleaded.

"Kya bakwas kar rahe hein aap", she yelled.

"Bhai humein chod ke chalein gaye hein bhabhi he's gone", he helplessly spoke and it seemed like she believed him this time as she loosened her hold.

"V.. Voh s... Sachi mein chale gaye", Sana asked silently yet madly.

"Am sorry", he cried.

"Aisa nahi ho sakta how could he do that to me Sidharth how could he", she asked shaking him.

"Am sorry Sorry ", he kept murmuring as he finally let his arms take hold of her.

He held her fragile self in his arms as she let out a gut wrenching shriek making him shudder before she completely broke down in his arms and he did the same too. His tears which he had held within himself all this while for the loose of his elder brother, flew free. Whereas, she sobbed for her lost love, her husband, her child's father and her everything.

"A.. Aaj j.. Jab phone par baat hui thi toh un.. Unhone bola t.. Tha k.. Ki voh ghar a.. Ayenge u.. Unhone va.. Vaada kiya tha k.. Ki I. Iss b.. Baar h.. Hum a.. Apni a.. Anniversary s.. Sath manayenge aur u.. Unhone bola tha ki m.. Mujhe gazre b.. Bhi l.. Leke denge a.. Aur kulfi k.. Khilane leke jayenge p.. Phir unhone a.. Apna v.. Vaada kyu toda S.. Sidharth, u.. Unhone a.. Apna Vaada kyu nahi n... Nibhaya v.. Voh kyu mujhe jeete jee m.. Maar ke c.. Chale gaye S.. Sidharth", she mumbled in between her cries and he felt as if he couldn't breath, the pain in her voice just shook him to the core, even the tears flowing down from his own eyes couldn't bring him relief.

In such a situation all one could feel is, helplessness.

💔