Chapter 36 - Baatein

Sidharth came to his room only to find his bed completely decorated with rose petals making him gaze at things with a chuckle.

"Only if things would've been normal", he muttered to himself with a chuckle.

Damn, they don't even share a mutual room. Neither do is he planning on to proposing the idea to her. Well, of course he didn't had a death wish.

Sighing, he changed out of his sherwani and got dressed in his night wear. Finding his water jar empty he walked out to the kitchen only to find a lost Sana sitting there at the dining table.

"Hey!", he called taking a seat.

"Hey!", she replies visibly pulled out of a trance.

"What's up?", Sidharth asked.

"I guess fine", she replied nonchalantly.

"How're you", he asked again, gazing at her with gentle eyes.

"I guess, just tired!", she shrugged.

"Sure",he asked.

"Very sure!", she said while blinking her eyes at him for assurity.

"Are you okay?", she asked.

"I don't know",he replied looking away.

"Well I'd like to know", she urged for him to speak up his mind.

"I don't know but a part of me feels guilty somewhere but still I'm not guilty, I mean I don't know if that even makes sense", he sighed.

The younger emotional brother in him was speaking up.

"It's okay to feel this way, I feel that too and I get you but I guess we don't need to, we need to kind of you know not move on but move forward while not forgetting our past but by keeping it aside and prioritizing our present at the moment and for the time being", she said thoughtfully.

He looked at her astonished, how fast the night changes. Damn, it seems like he was living in a role reversal for a moment.

"Wow! I feel like I'm looking in a mirror", he blurted out astonished.

"Pata hein when he was snatched away from us, I was angry at almighty for doing this to us. But today after all that we've been through in all these last few months, I feel it was best for both of us", she said thoughtfully.

He just gazed at her lost.

"Uhm!", she cleared her throat breaking his trance.

"Aap kuch keh rahe the na", he said asking her to continue.

"Hnmm! I guess the universe wanted this to happen and maybe it was for the best for everyone so I just feel like we should stop hurting ourself over all these things, galati toh hum mein se kisi ki bhi nahi thi na insab mein phir guilt ya blame kaisa", she said and he felt proud for a moment.

She was speaking his language with her own words.

"Aapko kuch kehna hein", he asked reading her reluctant eyes.

"Kuch puchna hein bas Yeh nahi pata ki Yeh puchna thik bhi hein ke nahi", she started off hesitantly.

"You don't have to think twice before asking anything just say it away", he said encouragingly.

"Y.. You were in love with your ex, I mean, she meant something to you right, voh aayi bhi thi, I know situations alag hein and all that lekin what happened between you two", she asked softly and her voice held hesitancy.

"She meant not just something but everything to me at a time lekin apko pata hi hein about what happened post that lekin abhi jab voh vapis aayi, she was the one who made me realize my true feelings for you, it was always you", he spoke gazing deep into her eyes and she looked away not being able to take his heated intense gaze anymore.